Christmas = Louis Vuitton

bugn

Celebrate Everything
O.G.
Sep 4, 2011
When buying an expensive present, be honest!
Do you pick out your item and buy it and say it's from significant other?

OR

Do you hope he/she is a mind reader?

For me... (and I am brutally honest) the years I want something nice, I picked it out, I bought it (but I do ask if it's okay thats what he gives me and he always says, yes and thank you.)

He hates wandering around the mall. Last year though he did good, I had a stocking full of the BEST stuff from Sephora, so a little santas helper must have helped him out big time.

Anyway.... I wanted Louis Vuitton so I found a bag (thanks Jerusha) watched a few yt videos to make sure, and texted him did he want to give me a Red EPI bag for Christmas and I got a reply with, SURE I love EPI. (I'm like I know. As a man, he thinks the best stuff Louis Vuitton makes for quality is anything EPI.)

I won't open it until Christmas morning but WOOHOO!!! (clunybb)
And he has no idea, but he will always be opening his very first Louis Vuitton. He never wanted anything but he always looks at it everytime we are in the store. Graphite travel bag - keepall 45.

~ XOXO

I just bought myself a bag for Christmas and it will say from me on the tag and it will stay under tree until I open it Christmas eve or day. I honestly don't like my partner spending a lot on presents, I prefer less expensive thoughtful gifts. One year he framed photos he had taken through out the year for me and they were fun to unwrap. He has hinted he may get me a purse though this year so I guess I will see. He has never bought me a bag before just a wallet and bandeau.

Hubby usually comes with me and we shop together for both of us. Lately though he's just sent me out with his blessing to get whatever I want. Holidays are crazy at work for him (18 hour days) so I'm lucky if I even see him at home. My bday is this weekend and he's been trying to get some time off so we can go out. Fingers crossed.

My BF bluntly asks: "what do you want for Christmas?"
And this year I told him "I would like these Gucci shoes."
He said it fits his budget. Done.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,216
Last edited:
I honestly am a bit of a control freak so I prefer selecting my gift. The past couple of times he's gone on his own I haven't exactly loved besides the fact that he went out of his way to select it.

So obviously I use whatever he gives me as much as possible. He gave me the choice this year to pick if I wanted to or let him pick for me because he had something in his mind. I would have asked for the speedy b otherwise.

So my system is for him to contact a friend who knows my taste well if he's doubtful of his choice but wants to surprise me. It works well! This year though because he was so excited about a particular item I told him to select it for me. However, he must have gotten cold feet bc he wants to surprise me at the boutique and get the "OK" bc it's the largest gift he's given.

So idk so far the system works.

My BF bluntly asks: "what do you want for Christmas?"
And this year I told him "I would like these Gucci shoes."
He said it fits his budget. Done.

+1

this is the best way imo, for any gift-giving. studies always show people are happier when they get what they ask for and not what you go find for them ... tell people what you want/get people what they want = happiness all around:biggrin:

Hubby usually comes with me and we shop together for both of us. Lately though he's just sent me out with his blessing to get whatever I want. Holidays are crazy at work for him (18 hour days) so I'm lucky if I even see him at home. My bday is this weekend and he's been trying to get some time off so we can go out. Fingers crossed.

Fun! My bday is also this wknd! Sat to be exact! When is yours? ;)
Hubby usually asks for a "list" and he'll get something from there. Still kinda surprises me but still something I know I'll use/want. I actually don't have any wants right now and the last bag I bought was in Sept so I'm just trying to enjoy those.

Fun! My bday is also this wknd! Sat to be exact! When is yours? ;)
Hubby usually asks for a "list" and he'll get something from there. Still kinda surprises me but still something I know I'll use/want. I actually don't have any wants right now and the last bag I bought was in Sept so I'm just trying to enjoy those.
Happy early birthday! Mine is actually on Tuesday but this weekend is the only time we'll get to spend together.

I prefer being surprised most of the time, although I once was disappointed by a gift (it was a Jamie Oliver cook book). I love cook books but this one had dreary pictures and they were all simple recipes, which are really not my style.

For luxury gifts (LV, H, etc..), I usually go with the person to the store and pick something with them. The reason being that most of the people gifting me these things have zero interest in luxury products and wouldn't have a clue what to pick.

Hi Everybody,
Sort of newbie to this site and I love it. My hubby usually just give me a budget and I will pay the differences if it is over. We will usually go to Paris to shop and it always feels like I am in LV heaven no matter what!!

My DH knows who my regular SA is, so when I was alone shopping one day, I left a wish list with my SA. Hopefully, my DH will go by the store and ask my SA for help. Cross fingers.