Christmas Gifts! What Are You Giving & What Are You Asking Santa For?

mcb100

O.G.
Jan 8, 2007
Hello, all! What is everyone gifting/receiving this year? (I realize this thread might have more posts after Christmas when people have received a gift.) I usually only buy for immediate family members, and my other relatives I gift money in glittery Hallmark cards and things :P
My SO is getting a higher quality/luxury shave kit, as I don't have a ton of extra money to buy gifts for people this year and he has to shave every single day (sometimes spends hours shaving his head haha.), and a white fleece holiday blanket that I customized with our names on it and 12/25/2015, from www.zazzle.com. (I like some of the photo collages & things you can make on there because they really come from the heart.) We're trying to do a cheaper Christmas this year.
I'm gifting my mom a Fitbit. She only walks, isn't really into exercise other than the treadmill, but this was what she asked for, so hopefully she likes it.

My dad will receive a combined (expensive present from all of us), gift from all of us. We all threw in for a riding mower, yanno, the big tractor style ones that people ride around for yardwork and things.
My sibling...hmmm? Don't know yet, as I still have to buy for said sibling.

From Santa this year--I didn't really ask people for much. I bought clothes this year already and I recently scored a lot of lingerie for myself from Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I asked for things that would benefit the two rabbits that SO and I have (bedding, hay, etc.), because they are very expensive. (I was talking to a coworker who just had a baby and two bunnies can basically almost be the same price as having a newborn. 21.00 bedding every week + 14.99 for food every week + 30.00 a month for hay, + other expenses.)
What about you guys? What are you gifting and expecting/hoping for, this year?! (Haven't seen any Christmas threads yet.)

I'm actually making most of my gifts.. A bunch of wine glasses and beer mugs(which actually has me inspired to open up an etsy shop)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 308
Reactions: Traminer
I only do gift exchanges with my immediate family, so everyone gets what they ask for. Husband got a ps4, I bought a Burberry scarf, and my daughter is about to get a car full of toys. My parents always ask for kitchen gadgets and my in laws are alcoholics so they get beer. So festive. It's easier to take the guess work out of the holiday but it also kills the mood. I'm going nuts trying to make Christmas happen this year.

We only do gifts/cards with immediate family. We're all pretty spread out, so typically everyone just does a card & a gift card/check. It works for us.

Husband and I exchange gifts, and we do lists with ideas for each other, which actually makes it nice. The lists are the "big" items we want, but then anything smaller is a surprise we pick out for each other. This year he is getting a watch, couple of pocket knives he asked for, and assortment of smaller items. I've asked for a new LED nail light (I do my own gel manicures), a bag, and a couple of eyeshadow palettes.

Last edited:
I received a beautiful black leather coach bag/tote this year from my mother. Was very nice of her. (I typically like Chanel & LV that I buy for myself once every blue moon, but I adore Coach leather bags too.) I also got some clothes from relatives but I've lost a lot of weight due to stress (about 15 lbs), so I'm not really an XL....I like the clothes but am hoping to be able to exchange them for smaller sizes.

Also got gift cards to VS and an adult coloring book from relatives. I'm off to buy some nice markers from Michael's today, as I do enjoy coloring, it's a stress reliever ;) i didn't even ask for anything this year from anyone so I'm actually pretty pleased & touched with what I got. I also bought a huge expensive rabbit hutch for my two babies and I put it under the christmas tree for them. We're going to put it up outside for the summer months (I'm in the process of changing houses and going back to school so it's a stressful time), but the rabbits, they were pretty pleased to be involved with the gift unwrapping and I think they understand that they got something so it was cute to see. Also, tons of family came over during the holidays and they received a lot of attention, everyone was holding the bunnies, so they enjoyed that. haha.

Was decorating family graves @ cemetery & saw elderly lady crumple onto ground near another headstone.
Crying. Alone.
So went over to talk.
We held hands. I heard all about her family & late husband. Shared some laughs & sniffles.
She called me, "Honey," when reached her car. And hugged me.
We both left richer & more full than when arrived.
And I once again saw the tremendous power of Christmas. How it joins us all as human beings. When we let it.
A great present.

Plus, I got some kick-a$$, thoughtful gifts. Which my rambuctious nature may have broken by new year. :biggrin:

Was decorating family graves @ cemetery & saw elderly lady crumple onto ground near another headstone.
Crying. Alone.
So went over to talk.
We held hands. I heard all about her family & late husband. Shared some laughs & sniffles.
She called me, "Honey," when reached her car. And hugged me.
We both left richer & more full than when arrived.
And I once again saw the tremendous power of Christmas. How it joins us all as human beings. When we let it.
A great present.

Plus, I got some kick-a$$, thoughtful gifts. Which my rambuctious nature may have broken by new year. :biggrin:

thank you for being so kind:hugs:

This forum is all about bags & material things - but THAT story is what Christmas is really about, and what's actually important in life. Kudos, remainsilly.

ipad pro...12.9"...yep, that's what I want. :smile:

For everyone else, I'm giving cash. I'm over the whole gift card thing. I don't think it's any more thoughtful than cash...plus, with cash they can use it wherever they want. #NoMoreGiftCards