Christmas gift, limit $300 - suggestions?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hi everyone :nuts:

I've been told by my boyfriend that I can choose a bag for my Christmas gift, up to $300 :graucho: I'm deciding between a few different styles. If I decide to go with LV, I'll have to buy it on eBay, since there isn't much at LV under $300 :P I'm looking for suggestions as to what I can look for on eBay that will usually go for around that price. So far I'm thinking of a used papillon, mini looping, vavin pm... any other ideas? I've also thought about the bucket. How do you bucket owners like yours? I don't think I want a small accessory, since I already have a ludlow (last year's Christmas gift) and a vernis agenda. I also have two LVs, a speedy and a reade pm.

I'd love to hear of any suggestions you all have. Thanks! :nuts:

2. I was going to say a Reade PM, but you already have one. Maybe a different color? As far as eBay you can find some vernis bags there, like the Mott, and Reade.

3. For $300 you can probably buy a Papillon 26 with non-vachetta straps :nuts: I have one and LOVE it...no worries about getting it dirty.

4. I had a damier papillon 26 (my first LV!), but I sold it because it became too small for my needs :sad: Thanks for the suggestion!

5. Hmm. Can the petit bucket be worn on the shoulder? There are few on eBay for good prices...

6. Do you forsure want a bag? or how about an awsome LV accessory -- Like a used Koala Wallet or something?
    I hate to see you buy something, just for the sake of buying it -- if you really love LV.

7. A petite bucket can be worn on the shoulder. I have an epi one and really like it, although the style isn't popular with some tPF members. I don't carry much, so it's a good size for me.

8. What about Noe?? do you like it??

You can also get clear/berry inclusion bracelet..

9. Yeah.. argh... I'm so undecided. So many bags, so little time :rolleyes: I haven't even narrowed it down to LV yet. I'm also looking at a couple of MJ bags, and I saw a gorgeous Coach hobo at Nordstrom yesterday that I was drooling over.

bagsnbags - I'm not a Noe fan, don't really like drawstring bags. But thanks for the suggestion ;)

I searched for some info on the mini looping, and I read that the shoulder strap is somewhat uncomfortable. Not cool.

lvspecial - I already have a ludlow wallet, that's what my boyfriend gave me last year for Christmas. I really like it :smile:

10. Epi is pretty reasonable these day on ebay.

11. Oh hmmm :sad:
    I can't think of another bag that you can buy for $300 that's larger than that...most large bags are reasonably priced on eBay for $300-$500. You may have to settle for an Epi bag or just a small accessory!

12. Something vernis. That's like my eye candy line!

13. Epi is definitely reasonable on eBay lately. Or maybe a Sonatine? The older ones go for an okay price lately.

14. How about the Pastilles Key Chain? It can double up as a Mistletoe for X-Mas :lol:

15. ^yes yes yes Pastilles Key Chain...sooooo lovely!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice