Food Christmas Dinner Menu!

jchiara

is really in love...
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
What are you making for this holiday?

Turkey? Ham? Lamb? Or something else?

I will probably have both, mashed potatoes -- sort of like Thanksgiving but with slightly different twists.

We usually do the exact same foods that we have for Thanksgiving. Is that weird? lol. The more I think about it, the more odd it seems and I wonder if it is common for other families to make the same foods that they make at Thanksgiving for Christmas...

We make a big dinner for xmas eve.
We might do a rack of lamb, or a roast, cauliflower gratin and a veggie.

And then xmas day we do breakfast for dinner and just lounge around the house all day.

We're doing Christmas at my in-laws this year, and they always do tasty Polish food:
-Cheese & Onion soup (so naughty and delicious)
-Polish sausage
-Perogies

For a Christmas dinner with friends this week I'm making:
-Roasted rack of lamb with rosemary butter
-Pureed sweet potatos with pear and ginger
-warm spinach salad with mushrooms and goat cheese
-not sure about the appetizer yet

-xmas eve...pizza, pizza breads, streak sandwiches, chips, dips, and meats, cheeses, crackers and dips from hickory farms

-xmas dinner...ham, buttered noodles, mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole, sweet potatoes, dressing, green beans, baked beans, rolls, deviled eggs, red velvet cake

Our Christmas menu varies from year to year. One year we did tamales, chips & queso, and margaritas. Another year it was lasagna. This year we're doing a smoked ham, probably with mashed or au gratin potatoes, corn, rolls, and red velvet cake.

Christmas Eve - I'm almost embarassed to admit what we eat! We always go to church, then stop at 7-11 for hot chocolate or coffee, and breakfast sandwiches. Then we spend an hour or so driving around and looking at Christmas lights and listening to holiday music while we chow down on our succulent gas station feast. This started a few years ago because we had gone to church, but did not have time to eat beforehand, and were starving after, and 7-11 was literally the *only* place that was open. After that we just kind of kept up the tradition. Yes, that's right - our Christmas Eve dinner consists of gas station breakfast sandwiches. :lol:

Last edited:
I always make Thanksgiving dinner on Christmas because we go somewhere on Turkey Day and I want the leftovers.:amuse:
So my menu is~
Turkey
stuffing
potatoes/gravy
cran/orange sauce
Rolls
Pumpkin Pie and a walnut/cran tart
turnip casserole
creamed onions
butternut
brussels
Lots of appetizers~ dieviled eggs, olives, salmon dip, spinach dip, cheeses,etc

Our Christmas menu varies from year to year. One year we did tamales, chips & queso, and margaritas. Another year it was lasagna. This year we're doing a smoked ham, probably with mashed or au gratin potatoes, corn, rolls, and red velvet cake.

Christmas Eve - I'm almost embarassed to admit what we eat! We always go to church, then stop at 7-11 for hot chocolate or coffee, and breakfast sandwiches. Then we spend an hour or so driving around and looking at Christmas lights and listening to holiday music while we chow down on our succulent gas station feast. This started a few years ago because we had gone to church, but did not have time to eat beforehand, and were starving after, and 7-11 was literally the *only* place that was open. After that we just kind of kept up the tradition. Yes, that's right - our Christmas Eve dinner consists of gas station breakfast sandwiches. :lol:

I LOVE your Christmas Eve tradition/story, all about togetherness!

We go to my husband's aunt's house and she makes some sort of beef (usually prime rib or filet mignon), broccoli casserole, roasted potatoes w/ garlic and rosemary and homemade bread, it's all so good

plus tons of desserts

I'm planning a Hors d'oeuvres Christmas party. I just about finish with my menu planning, and sending the invites. The menu is quite eclectic ~
Dates w/goat cheese & nuts, cucumbers w/crab, fresh spring Rolls, tuna puffs, zucchini fritters, deviled eggs, chicken kababs, butternut squash soup, potato salad, mini burgers, mini sandwiches, and cheesecake. Sauces and accompanying dips.