Christmas dilemma....

KatherineO

lovely<3
Jul 3, 2010
I've wanted an LV neverfull for as long as I can remember. I had decided on the GM for my Christmas present but then I saw the large Borough bag & now I'm really torn on which to get. I'm hesitant to get a neverfull because of how expensive they've become but there are rumors of another increase in 2014 so I was going to get it before the increase but for the price the Borough bag seems like a better value at this point. If you have this bag (or if you have both of these bags) can you give me the pro's & cons? I've been reading some of the topics so I hope it's okay to post this in here :smile: thanks for any input you have on this bag.

I'd go with LV...and this is coming from a MAJOR Coach lover, too. I have the Borough and adore it. It's sleek, functional, everything. But I've learned if your heart is set on something, you better go with that one first, or else nothing will take its place. Hope this helps! :smile:

I'd go with LV...and this is coming from a MAJOR Coach lover, too. I have the Borough and adore it. It's sleek, functional, everything. But I've learned if your heart is set on something, you better go with that one first, or else nothing will take its place. Hope this helps! :smile:

This is great advice. I agree, get the neverfull first.

Yes, agreed with the comments above, I would get the LV Neverfull first before another price increase. Plus, the Borough bag will most likely to go on sale in the future whereas LV never goes on sale.

Very, very true.
+100

Agree 100%. I also have and love the Borough but know once I have my mind and heart set on a bag it's unlikely another would satisfy that want so I say go for the LV!

I have the LV NF in the MM and PM sizes. I love them both. I had the GM size too, but I ended up selling it because it was too big for me...but out of all three sizes, the GM looked best cinched in. And if you love big bags, the GM is a great size. The rumor is that LV will have a price increase in February. I agree with the others and vote to get the NF first, then get the borough later. I just got the med borough in black and it's a beautiful bag, but it's probably going to be around for awhile and like others said, maybe it'll hit the outlets too...I'm hoping the PCE exclusion will be lifted too soon.

I don't know if you're getting the Damier azur, Ebene or mono one, but there's also a rumor that they're going to discontinue the current NF and start having the more expensive version with the pouch. Hope this helps you!

I agree. Thank you all so much for your input! I also sometimes forget that coach bags end up on sale & at the outlet so I will keep checking this thread to watch for any sales you guys happen to find! Again thank you so much!

I'd go with the LV. There will be another price increase in Feb. LV will hold its value and remain a timeless piece. While I am a huge Coachie also, just remember that in a few months you'll find the borough bag at the outlet for a major discount. I'd invest in the LV, and wait for the borough. Plus, sounds like your heart is set on the Neverfull

I agree, if the funds are available to get your dream neverfull now than do it! Is all about what is in your heart. The borough is great, and I think coach is making the initial offerings (alpine moss and oxblood) more exclusive then the next round of boroughs so you will not see these colors going to the outlet in the medium size. If the large borough was your choice you may have a better bet of getting it at the outlet down the road. Have you seen the large size in person? It is as large as a briefcase. Good luck with your decision.

I would go for the Neverfull also.. have one love it... the borough bag will hit the outlets .... the LV will just increase in price plus the orig style mono neverfull is going away.. they will all be neo neverfulls

Go with the nf hands down. I debated over it several times and thought another less expensive bag would fill it's place but it could not. I am so happy I got it when I did.

I agree, if the funds are available to get your dream neverfull now than do it! Is all about what is in your heart. The borough is great, and I think coach is making the initial offerings (alpine moss and oxblood) more exclusive then the next round of boroughs so you will not see these colors going to the outlet in the medium size. If the large borough was your choice you may have a better bet of getting it at the outlet down the road. Have you seen the large size in person? It is as large as a briefcase. Good luck with your decision.

I haven't seen it in person but I love big bags. I'm a stylist & I tend to carry large bags so I can carry a few of my supplies back & forth. I also sometimes shove my workout clothes in my bag to minimize the number of bags I carry in a day. I think I'm going to go with the neverfull since it's been on my list for awhile and since there's another increase coming I better get it now. Plus if I can get the borough bag a little later at the outlet that will save me a little money :smile: