Christmas dilemma Update.

KatherineO

lovely<3
Jul 3, 2010
I tried to update my original post but the app kept crashing everytime I did. So I hope you are all okay with a new topic.

I originally posted asking about the Borough vs the LV Neverfull that I've had my eye on for awhile, well after reading about all the issues with the Neverfull Damier Ebene (cracking & peeling handles, the DE print rubbing off around the corners) I decided that I would really have to think about this bag more before I took the plunge. So for my Christmas gift this year I actually found a pre-loved Borough bag! It still has the tags & the receipt, dust bag, & shopping bag were included. I spent $425 in total. I wasn't looking for a pre-loved one but ran across one night while I was browsing bags in eBay & I just couldn't help myself. It's the medium in Alpine Moss. I originally wanted a large but after seeing all the mod shots I figured it would be too large for my everyday bag. So here is my new bag! I thank all of you for your comments on my previous thread but I just couldn't take the plunge knowing that there are so many issues with a $1030 bag. But so far I'm positive I made the right choice! I hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas!
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1387941144.243314.jpg

Congrats!

I understand your concern over the daimer NF! I really want to buy it too, but I know that I would be unhappy if I bought it and had issues.

I have the Borough and it's a terrific, carefree bag.

Enjoy!

You know, I bought the DE Nf since I loved how it looked so much but I just couldn't keep it knowing about the peeling straps issues. I exchanged it for the mono which I do love but maybe I'd potentially like the de better. In any case, you made a lovely choice, congrats and enjoy!

I have had my DE LV neverfull for 2 years with no issues. But I love your new bag great choice

I was surprised to hear of these issues, "Neverfull Damier Ebene (cracking & peeling handles, the DE print rubbing off around the corners)" as I've also had my LV DE Neverfull for 2 years as well as a lot of other DE pieces, and they all look minty new.

Congrats on your Borough! It is gorgeous, and even nicer finding a preloved one! :smile:

In my mind, a luxurious leather bag for $425 beats a coated canvas bag for $1030 any day. And if anything were to go wrong with your Coach bag, at least Coach has a great warranty. Congratulations on getting a gorgeous bag!