Christmas & Chanukah-who else does both?

Nishi621

O.G.
Apr 30, 2006
We do both here. My hubby is Jewish and I am from a Jewish father/Christian mother and as an adult, became a Christian myself.

We do both and our kids love it! My little one gets 8 gifts for Chanukah and gets to light the menorah and then come Christmas time, presents there too and of course a Christmas tree. When my older son was younger we did the same thing-but, back then, it seemed there were less kids doing this.

So-who else is part of a mixed marriage and celebrates both holidays? Do your kids love it or do they find it confusing?

I don't celebrate both- but I know many who do!! As a kid, I always wanted to celebrate both and get lots of presents- go figure! :rolleyes:

A good friend of mine just married a Jewish man and they are doing both this year but probably with focus on Chanukah for his kids' sake as they are being raised in the Jewish faith.

My DH and I were driving around looking at Christmas lights tonight and passed a house with a Menorah in one window and a Christmas tree in another.

We also celebrate both, plus the Solstice. My SOs birthday is 21 December and he hates it if we make a fuss, so we celebrate "winter" on his b-day:idea: