Christmas cards

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
we pretty much stopped sending christmas cards except maybe to a few family members we don't see IRL. we get very few too. either because people have taken us offer their lists or because they also stopped sending.

do you send Christmas cards?

Reactions: sneedonist
We send cards each year, doesn't matter if the recipient hasn't sent us one; one Aunt doesn't send any cards but we still send to her. It's part of Christmas to choose and write cards......I think most people still love receiving cards, opening them and realising that someone has taken the time and effort to think of them. Hands down beats an electronic message! :smile:

Most of my friends and family send photo cards with family/kid pictures with maybe a brief general update something like, "kid 1 is in 10th grade and was in the high school play, kid 2 is in 4th grade and enjoys soccer and dance. We had a great family trip to Hawaii this year, oh how great to travel again! Wishing you the best in the new year!" Most are sent directly from the card vendor (Shutterfly, Minted, Tiny Prints, etc) so it's kind of generic.

We send them too, only I hand address and mail the cards, might write a few short personal notes on the cards to close friends.

I used to spend days making my cards, stamping, calligraphy, etc. including a Handwritten note. Do I do this now-nope. Times have changed when you don’t receive a single card anymore.

I usually send holiday cards every year but I’m taking a break this year. We traveled a bit in November and then I came down with a cold after flying home from Texas (where no one wore masks… yikes) so I’m doing the bare minimum this year.

I do them every year and thank you op I have the same complaint. I receive cards less and less or inconsistently. I have friends who receive cards from other friends so I find that people do not update their address book (we’ve moved a couple times). When I started the process with a birth announcement, I had about 150 addresses. Now ten years later I will be sending out to less than 70 because I edit out friends who don’t keep in touch. So my rule around non-family is we have had to have contact within the last year. I consistently send to family, well, because some simply will never send cards.

Last edited:
Reactions: ap.
I find that people do not update their address book (we’ve moved a couple times).
I know that very well!
Somebody wrote me a Christmas card every year with some slight mistake in the address.
So the Christmas Card usually took about 4 weeks, as it had to be re-directed by the post office.
These days, with the rotten postal service that we get now, it would not arrive at all.
Anyway - every year I wrote back and asked politely to note down the correct form of the address -
but it was never corrected.

Reactions: sneedonist
I send Christmas cards to a few people. The first batch - mostly those going international - were mailed out last week. The second batch will go out on Monday along with presents (it took me a while to get them wrapped and packed).

Reactions: Traminer