Christmas Cards - do you write and get Christmas Cards?

I have been writing Christmas cards (pic of the family) for 25 years. This year I decided Im over it! So I sent out a mass text with a photo collage of my family saying, "No time for cards this year, here is our Christmas photo text, Merry Christmas!"

And what do you do with the cards that you get? :smile:

Do you throw them away at once ....
do you tore them somewhere
or do you put them on display in your rooms?

I think they make a fine Christmas decoration! :smile:

Hi!

I wrote quite a couple of cards. I always create an paper inlay for those cards with a picture and quote on the left and on the right I handwrite personal greetings. Been doing this for quite some time. Normally I find pre-sized paper inlays, this year I didn't find any in a paper I liked, so I even cut them myself...

IMG_1349_Fotor.jpg

I also receive(d) a couple of cards (each year). I place those on a cupboard and when the Christmas decorations come down in January, I put the cards in the box in which I keep personal letters and cards. (Of course only those from real people, I don't keep the: "Your bank/insurance/charity/.... likes to wish you a Merry Christmas...." -type cards. ;)

Kind regards,
Oliver

This year was really an exception, no Christmas cards. Usually I love doing a small watercolour or ink picture on handmade paper, writing with my "nice handwriting" and sealing the letter with a coloured lacquer seal ( silver, gold, green or red) pressing it down with my engraved silver monogram stamp. Too much stress at work, didn't decorate my house for Christmas either like previous year. Some years I've put a baby peacock feather under the lacquer seal. And yes, I'm old-fashioned [emoji3]

IMG_1483041407.523604.jpg

I got some cards but only save the handmade ones. My artist friend always sends me beautiful pieces that I store in my guestbook.

I only send to family and friends I won't see in person for the holidays, so basically the ones out of state and abroad. Better get started and mail them, the post can take forever when the holiday season hits.