Christian Siriano for Payless

I just made the Rodarte comment the other day on a another board ... So, totally get where you are coming from. But, I live in an area where a Rhodarte is inaccessible, so a limited-wear conversation shoe from Payless is probably worth the likely $30 they'll be charging on these. Of course, this is from the fall shows, so who knows when they'd show up at the stores.

I do prefer the chain styles from his show over the spikes ... but trying them on is the true test for look & wearablity.

they look funky, but i just can't imagine payless selling them? :shrugs: i mean, they look like they'd cost more than "payless prices" to produce. i don't like cheapy shoes either, they usually don't fit me well and are uncomfortable. but that's just me.

I REALLY like the aqua-ish ones with the gold hieroglyphics, but am leery that they may be a bit stripperish. The brown matte booties might definitely have to happen, though.

I'm just skeptical that these are actually going to be $25-40. That doesn't seem to make sense, unless they are a LOT cheaper looking IRL.

the aqua ones are nice...but honestly, to do that platform/heel combo, i think you are just asking for trouble unless they are top quality designs/manufacturing. that general design needs major substance beneath the leather, if you know what i mean. i can just imagine how many broken ankles will come from these...

I hope they don't flake out and make the heels rubber or plastic or something. I don't own a single shoe from payless because their shoes are so uncomfortable, and their sizing is never right for me.

But dang, they look like CL for Rodarte to a T.

they look a bit too wild for payless ... but i agree it does have an expensive look to them, which is good.

not my style though ...

on a related note, i saw christian in soho today .. it's my 3rd time ... he's so tiny and cute :lol: