Christian Louboutin Leather

caarennn

Jan 17, 2014
hi, i'm currently having 2 pairs of christian louboutin that i bought but i never get a chance to wear it. I wonder if the leather would damage if i put them in box for a very long time, both of them are patent leather. it's been 1 year since i bought both of them. Could you please tell me if you all having the same problem as i do? and what would you do?
so anxious, i dont wanna ruin them, i'd rather sell it.. x

Be sure the patent doesn't touch anything else as it might absorb colour over time. If you put them in their felt bags, with tissue paper stuffing to keep the shape, I don't see them getting any damage in the foreseeable future. I have shoes dating back in '95 and they are quite fine. The only colour of shoes I have had problems with, over time, has been white. It turns yellow over time, even in the box. But I am talking about a long time, like a decade or so.

I have a lot of pairs that are in the boxes. In fact all of them are and I have no problems. If you are going to keep them out of the box and line them up in the shoe box, do not put a nude patent next to a black patent because the black color could transfer over to the nude which had happened to me.

Also, do not keep the red dust bag in the box with the shoes especially for nude pairs. The red dust bag is not color treated and the red will transfer over to the shoes. I never carry my shoes in the red dust bag unless its a black pair.

Just take them out once in a while and let them breath. When I come home, I always wipe the insole with a non-alcoholic wet tissue to clean, then let it air dry in the shades for a day or two and then put them back in the box and they are all in excellent condition.

Thank you all so much. i feel relieved, i was so afraid that the leather will crack or damage because they stay in the box for so long. a patent leather could be so tricky. I don't really know when will i get a chance to wear them. :smile: x

What style do you have? Why don't you just wear them. Otherwise it is a waste. I wear mine every day. It makes me feel good even on a bad day. When Jennifer Lopez's "Louboutins" come on my iPhone, it is empowering LOL!!!

What style do you have? Why don't you just wear them. Otherwise it is a waste. I wear mine every day. It makes me feel good even on a bad day. When Jennifer Lopez's "Louboutins" come on my iPhone, it is empowering LOL!!!

they're pigalle 120mm and daffodil, I usually use my bianca every week when i hangout, i found it easy to walk and very comfortable than pigalle or daff. not suitable wearing them to work or for a long walk. I adore the pigalle and i've waited for them long enough, then when i finally got it last year, but i'd never wear it until now. :sad:

they're pigalle 120mm and daffodil, I usually use my bianca every week when i hangout, i found it easy to walk and very comfortable than pigalle or daff. not suitable wearing them to work or for a long walk. I adore the pigalle and i've waited for them long enough, then when i finally got it last year, but i'd never wear it until now. :sad:
Pigalle 120 and the Daff is not my every day shoes either. I either wear my Decellete, Pigalle 100 or Biancas I guess. Take those Daffs for a girls night out and the Pigalle 120 for a date hun :smile:)