Christian Dior handbag quality is ..?

Hi Girls

I have 2 Dior bags and one of them is the girly range. Due to the colour, the bag does get dirty quite easily, even though I take extreme care. But that's what you get for that colour. However the quality of the bags are exceptional. I recently bought a Gucci Messenger bag and its already started to frey...and this purchase has been the most recent one too....

So compared to other brands..Dior is :yahoo:

Hi everyone!

I think that all designer brands alike (Chanel, Gucci, Burberry, Dior, LV,...) all have comparable quality. The interior lining of Dior bags is not fragile at all, and the bags' craftsmanship is stunning (the attention to detail is remarkable)! I don't think it's fair to expect the bag to be so strong that it will resist careless wearing; after all, it's just a handbag. Stitching and fabrics have limits to their durability, and this is the same for every brand. Some materials are delicate, too. Patent leathers change lustre and color easily. Uncoated canvas dirties really easily. You have to take care of the bag to ensure its longevity.

If a Dior bag breaks too easily on you, maybe you have a fake Dior bag!!!

I have a brand new Dior that had to go back for loose stitching - considering it was $1500.00 I am not happy - I don't think the line is as well made as LV or Chanel - I agree that the earlier bags were made better. JMO

Ugh, I used to assume that Dior purses were high quality like the rest, but now I'm really not sure anymore :sad:

I have a Trotter Romantique tote, and while the canvas part and inside is still in great condition, some of the leather that goes down the middle of the purse and attaches to the bow (I don't know if that will make any sense esp. if you haven't seen the bag before) is like sticking up in the back, and is starting to in the front. I took it to Saks and the lady said that it looked like something got caught on my purse and pulled the leather, but my thinking is "If I paid so much for it, why should it break that easily?"

I was going to get another Dior, but after reading this thread and seeing my bag, even though I still love it and use it everyday, I might just hold off. Sigh.

This is disturbing to hear. While I take really good care of my bags, I don't baby them necessarily. After all, it's a bag and meant for me to use. So far I only have 2 pairs of sunnies and have wanted to get this red beaded velvety saddle but have put off cause of the cost. For $1,000+ it better hold up nicely.

I think you have to look at the bag carefully before getting it and consider if the style is "fragile" or not. Some Dior lines are very intricate with interesting details like beading, pearls, and other ornaments and I think these make it more "fragile" in the sense that more things can go wrong with it.

My mom bought a matching Dior purse & wallet in the early '90s and they almost look brand new still! I think a lot of it depends on how you take care of it and I find that the rotation of bags helps a LOT!!

I think with any bag, you just have to take a look at the make, the material, stitching, hardwares and see if that is a bag you love and also whether it looks like a bag that'll last (since from reading this thread it looks like the people who've posted so far would care that the bag lasts awhile!). I can't WAIT to add a Dior bag to my collection this fall/winter! :love:

I bought the red gaucho medium bag as soon as it came out here in London which was in February. I have since used them almost daily. It still looks like the same as the day I bought them.

I have never been really that careful with it too. My reasoning is, if it can't stand my lifestyle, then there's no point buying it. It has survived the harsh British summer (constant rain lol) so I would definitely recommend it to everyone. :flowers:

I have 1 saddle, 1 mini denim saddle, 1 lady dior and 1 Dior Ballet. The Leather ones are quite good quality.. had a problem with hardware on the ballet but they changed it for a new one within 4 days of purchase. I have seen some cloth/denim saddle bags in the Dior boutique and frnkly, some of them can be easily mistaken as fakes. .. I kid not. The quality in the cloth ones are not good IMHO. Leather ones are superb though.

ilikepenguins said:
What exactly do you mean? Were you able to return the bags for new ones or get them fixed? Just wondering...
Sorry for my slow response.
With the bags I've had issues with I've had one full refund since the bag was sold out and unrepairable and the other bags were sent away to be repaired which only took about 2 weeks.

To be fair, since I did post a week or so ago about my Dior bag having a few problems, Dior offered to exchange mine for a new one or a bag of greater value (I would just pay the difference). My new one seems to be a lot better, even in it's new condition, so I guess I have renewed faith in them. :smile:

I love them too much to not buy their stuff, anyway! The only other brand I even look at is Chanel. Lol.

I had a wallet from the dior girly line (with a one and crystals around the number) and a boston girly purse with flowers. I totally regret it cuz now they're yellow and dior won't clean them for me.

anyta1982 said:
I had a wallet from the dior girly line (with a one and crystals around the number) and a boston girly purse with flowers. I totally regret it cuz now they're yellow and dior won't clean them for me.

Hi Anyta1982,

Yeah, I've seen what the Girly bags look like after a few uses...they catch dirt like there is no tomorrow. However, I don't think it's because of Dior's quality...logo canvas (uncoated) is really easy to dirty and even if LV or Chanel made it, it would dirty just as easily. Considering that Dior now has beautiful options with coated canvas (like their cute pink trotter or trotter romantique lines), you can still own a Dior logo bag that looks perfect even after several uses :smile:

The boutiques said that they couldn't clean my white gaucho (it had color transfer) because the white was finished with black wax, and cleaning would remove the finish and leave the bag with patches of different tones of white. But I wasn't disappointed, because they really couldn't clean it without ruining the bag. Same goes for the logo canvas...I guess they can't clean it (I think stains on logo canvas are actually permanent).