Christian Dior handbag quality is ..?

i think it all boils down to how one takes care of the bag. true, the girly range white patent does get slightly off white, that is due to aging. other than that, i have no problems with it.

uh oh...dior bags are low quality for the price? i was thinking of getting this bag..
p10746391_ph_hero.jpg

(pic from elux)

this will be my first dior bag..if i decide to get it. does this colour canvas get dirty easily? cuz the only bag purchase i regret has been with my first gucci...which was the large shopping tote in the canvas..the corners at the bottom started to fray! so sad..it was my first designer bag too..but that was a long time ago.

last question...haha..i guess its kinda OT..but in quality and look wise how does this bag (in the pic) compare to a vuitton saleya MM?

I have three Dior bags and all have held up well. I rarely use the large messenger bag but I use my Cannage tote a lot and it is awesome. I get many compliments. All my bags are leather or deerskin and they seem to be better than the material ones.:smile:

I actually own 4 fabric ones, and I am very happy with the quality:yes: , last weekend bought number 5 in leather (ballet style) with DIOR charm from outlet................kind of like the older styles more then newer ones :shrugs: . I went to buy more shoes and ended up with this baaag

:yahoo: :wlae: :yahoo: :wlae:

I have 3 Diors and they're all fabrics. I have two in the Embroidery line and the embroidery are holding up well and my bags are still in good conditions. Since they're handmade there might be some that are better than others.

Interesting topic. I own a signature fabric bag and a bag from the girly line and I'm very dissappointed with the quality of materials. Although the stitching is perfect, the bags are lined with a really cheap paper-thin material. It seems they don't put much thought into the lining as compared to LV or Chanel.

I have a dior saddle and and its still holding up well too. I think quality is comparable to other brands too. Although I m biased towards LV; I think LV is really excellent.

I have 4 Diors....I love them all & have never had a problem with any of them. I admit, though, I am very careful when carrying any of my bags.

If you love it, just buy it :smile:

I have three Dior's, a girly boston, a gambler and a double saddle all of which are still pretty much perfect. I take real good care of my girly coz the price was too much to allow it to get tatty so i keep it in its dustbag and carrier. I mostly use my saddle which is deerskin and is perfect apart from the shoulder strap at the top where it has general wear on it from being slung on and off my arm. I'd say as long as you look after them they are perfect quality.

Hmm.. I hope that's not true?

I bought a "Trotter Romantique Simple Medium Tote" (thanks eluxury.com) about a month ago, and to me it feels like it will last forever. I looked at Fendi and Gucci totes for the same price, and they seemed to be made out of fabrics that would stain while this is made out of some sort of canvas (?). I still think Louis Vuittons hold up the best, but I didn't want one since I already have an LV wallet, and this Dior has been great to me so far. =)

I don't know much about the bag quality but I know the shoes sure do suck, I bought a pair of their sneakers from the NYC Dior Store and after about 6 times wearing them the sole started to peel off...ridiculouss