Chopard vs Cartier

Dear TPF lovers,

A few months ago i asked your opinion about the Cartier BB, because i am planning to buy myself a nice watch in January. I visit TPF every day and i noticed that everyone is posting about Cartier and Rolex but i hardly see posts about Chopard.

I love the Cartier BB but i think Chopard is nice too.

I am very into the casual clothing style like e.g Kim Kardashian when she is wearing plain T-shirts and nice ripped jeans (not when she wears strange combinations) and because of that i think that the second watch that matches my style is the Chopard happy sport with the rubber strap. I know its a simple watch but you can add diamonds etc whenever you want @ the Chopard boutique.

I prefer it in black, i will stack it with nice bracelets like the Swarovski stardust in black and the ring im wearing is the Pomellato silver ring. Those rings are kind of big.

I tried the Chopard on in white because black was sold out.

Thanks for your opinions

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1413637165.848114.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1413637218.307293.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1413637238.803518.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1413637271.079116.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1413637296.137877.jpg

Chopard is a great brand! I bought myself a Chopard watch for my birthday :smile:
As for the choice you have to make - I love the black Chopard on your wrist - especially when I hear how you describe your style. This just matches on my mind. The Ballon Bleu is of course an absolute gorgeous watch and when I saw it on your wrist I liked it a lot, but my first thought was "wow looks elegant". So my vote for the Chopard.

Dear @lovingdiamonds, blumster, rose26and bagsnob

Thanks for your time!

@ bagsnob the Chopard retails for 3750€ i guess and the black one for € 5000

The BB was my first love but it feels like it looks so serious on me....i know that the watch is classic thats the point...

I called Chopard to ask about the rubber straps but they told me that they chose rubber to avoid that the watch looks to serious...

chopards are gorgeous! But definitely more fun/casual. I think the BB would like nice in dressy casual and easily dressed up, but harder to be a "fun" watch. No wrong choices here!

The black Chopard looks lovely on you - your skin colour, your fingernail colour, they all go together beautifully. If your style is high end casual, I say go for it.

I've tried for a long time but honestly, I don't like the BBs myself. I find them way overrated. My personal choice for a high end casual watch is the Chanel J12 but I've had my eye on the happy diamonds as well and with the many choices regarding the special touches you can add, it definitely overshadows the BB in my book

The black Chopard looks lovely on you - your skin colour, your fingernail colour, they all go together beautifully. If your style is high end casual, I say go for it.

I've tried for a long time but honestly, I don't like the BBs myself. I find them way overrated. My personal choice for a high end casual watch is the Chanel J12 but I've had my eye on the happy diamonds as well and with the many choices regarding the special touches you can add, it definitely overshadows the BB in my book

Dear Thingofbeauty, thanks for your honest reply, i just don't like the watch to look cheap and that was my fear with the rubber Chopard straps. Are you going to buy a Chopard yourself??

OP. have you ever looked at the watch brand, Ulysse Nardin? It doesn't get written about very often on TPF but they are an amazing, high end watch and make some really cool styles with rubber bands… Check them out. My mom has one along with her Rolex and it's gorgeous and FUN! I've posted a link to the one my mom has…...
http://www.ulysse-nardin.com/en/swi.../Marine_Diver/Lady_Diver/8103-101E-3C_10.html

I saw them! Great that your mom mixes it up with her rolex
I think that is great. The chopard is much more basic then the Ulysse but thank god i can customize it

I love the black chopard. It's beautiful and fun. It seems you are leaning towards chopard. If the BB doesnt sing to you, get the one you like no matter what anyone says. Good luck deciding. Let us know what you decide.

I myself don't like rubber or leather strap but metal one. But if it sing to you and suit your style, get it. Chopard or Cartier is both chic and fashionable, not a "traditional" watch like Rolex or JLC or Patek P... You can't go wrong with these