Choosing VCA over Rolex

I actually very like the men watches from breitling especially premier collection but maybe one more steel/rg option with more feminine style for you
They also have chronomat collection with gold and diamonds.

this breitling galactic is older model and available in Bicester village on discount (with gold and diamonds). They have much more interesting watches available now - in my opinion

For a round, I like Cartier BB over the Piaget. I like a Cartier Tank over the Longines, but the Longines is very pretty. I like the Omega Constellation if you wear rose gold and white gold VCA, but I think it would be hard to see the time sometimes with the dial and hands the same color. So I'd get a white dial on that watch instead.

Unless you really LOVE one of those, I'd keep looking.

@Ruda thanks for the tip! I love the perlee beds on navitimer it seems a perfect match for alhambra and perlee pieces. It looks great on you! Galactic is way too small for me. I like watches between 33-36mm or smaller rectangular shapes like reverso or tank :smile:

Reactions: Ruda
For a round, I like Cartier BB over the Piaget. I like a Cartier Tank over the Longines, but the Longines is very pretty. I like the Omega Constellation if you wear rose gold and white gold VCA, but I think it would be hard to see the time sometimes with the dial and hands the same color. So I'd get a white dial on that watch instead.

It seems that you feel I am not sure about all the watches I have tried on. When it comes to Cartier, I don't feel that it's worth it. The 18k RG watch was priced the same like a Rolex. And Cartier designs are not speaking to me. Balloon blue is not in full circle which is not a good omen. In my culture, we like full moon. Cartier tank' s got wider frame case compare to the slender frame of the Longines. Not sure about the Piaget, I don't see the design as timeless. I want a watch with a timeless design. But Omega constellation and Rolex date just send out a bit of 80s 90s looks. It reminds me of the people who are as old as an uncle that wear a date just. But datejust with oyster bracelet looks more modern. The markers in the Longines look a bit crowded.

It's easier for me to choose jewelry. I have high standard for watches might be that's why.

Thank you for your response.

Reactions: DS2006
I love piaget:heart:
The best looking watch out of those 3 watches in my opinion.
I was looking for a watch recently. I tried Rolex DJ and Cartier ballon bleu as well and I didn’t feel any excitement so I bought Breitling Navitimer 35 with rose gold&diamonds because it made my heart sink (I attached some photos).
I hope sooner or later you will find watch you’ll fall in love with.

View attachment 5073281View attachment 5073282View attachment 5073287
I can see why you chose this watch, the beading at the edge matches the VCA. It looks good on you but my frame can't carry a big watch.

Dear DS2006,
I finally figured out what is going on with my reluctance to make a purchase and why I am not happy with the watches offered in the market right now. I was doing some research on Cartier tank and it turned out that I like the tank basculante watch. It is very refined and not like anything offered right now in the Cartier market. I am always thinking that something is missing in the tank watch that they are offering right now but couldn't know what it was. My intuition was on point even though I know very little about watches. I was born too late. The era for watches has gone. How dare Cartier charge such price when the quality has been heavily compromised.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210504-223000.png
    Screenshot_20210504-223000.png
    237.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Love
Reactions: DS2006
I love piaget:heart:
The best looking watch out of those 3 watches in my opinion.
I was looking for a watch recently. I tried Rolex DJ and Cartier ballon bleu as well and I didn’t feel any excitement so I bought Breitling Navitimer 35 with rose gold&diamonds because it made my heart sink (I attached some photos).
I hope sooner or later you will find watch you’ll fall in love with.

View attachment 5073281View attachment 5073282View attachment 5073287
Do you ever pair your watch with bracelets?

Dear DS2006,
I finally figured out what is going on with my reluctance to make a purchase and why I am not happy with the watches offered in the market right now. I was doing some research on Cartier tank and it turned out that I like the tank basculante watch. It is very refined and not like anything offered right now in the Cartier market. I am always thinking that something is missing in the tank watch that they are offering right now but couldn't know what it was. My intuition was on point even though I know very little about watches. I was born too late. The era for watches has gone. How dare Cartier charge such price when the quality has been heavily compromised.

Yes, that is a beautiful and elegant watch! I could tell you just weren't loving any of the watches you have seen. (I am not sure what you mean by Cartier quality being compromised, though. Have you read of quality issues with Cartier watches?)

I feel like these have been mentioned to you before, but I think that JLC watches have the refined elegance and fine workmanship that you desire and are definitely higher end luxury watches. There are rounds and tank styles and they do come in smaller sizes. I rarely wear a watch these days, but if I were to add a couple of watches, one would likely be JLC.

Yes, that is a beautiful and elegant watch! I could tell you just weren't loving any of the watches you have seen. (I am not sure what you mean by Cartier quality being compromised, though. Have you read of quality issues with Cartier watches?)

I feel like these have been mentioned to you before, but I think that JLC watches have the refined elegance and fine workmanship that you desire and are definitely higher end luxury watches. There are rounds and tank styles and they do come in smaller sizes. I rarely wear a watch these days, but if I were to add a couple of watches, one would likely be JLC.

The latest version of tank got no guilloche dial while the older version got it.

Anyway, the other day I went to VCA again to try on things and I just couldn't forget about the Lotus, they had it on display and I blindly walked towards the display window to look at it again. I feel that that's the item I should buy and now I think I will just get a decent 18k gold watch and it's good enough for me.