Choosing The Right Handbag For Your Body Type

Bump! :P I'm reading through some old threads and thought this was really interesting. I always thought of handbags more for functional purposes, rather than fashion. (Although regarding designer handbags, I suppose they can be linked to fashion too.)

But I think these rules are too strict. :P I'm short and petite at 5'2'', and I hate small bags! They can never fit all my stuff! I definitely prefer medium to large size bags! :tup:

Yeah, it doesn't completely make sense. It's not just an ornament. I may be small, but I still have to haul around a laptop, files, umbrella, snacks etc. just like everybody else.

But I am aware of the look, and it's true that I always tend to carry a bag that's just big enough (with a bit to spare) for my needs at the time. I have and use lots of different sizes.
ITA they dont make shrunken items for short/petite people so since most of us buy based on what we carry then it would make sense that a small person may still need a larger bag. unless of course your expected to carry an asus if you little and a toshiba/mac if your tall lol

however I also agree with some previous posters that a tiny bag does not look ok on a plus sized or very tall individual. big bags make small people look smaller(usually ok to most) and small bags make larger people look larger(not usually as desired).

Last edited: