Choosing my first Chanel

Regina07

O.G.
Jan 3, 2007
Ladies,
I've learned as much as I can from this forum before making my first foray into Chanel boutique in Beverly Hills. Where can I learn some names/definitions so I won't sound incredibly stupid??? I know I want large (jumbo? large?) classic lambskin (calfskin?) but I'm not sure what east/west or reiussue is. Or even if they're still made?

I tried the Chanel website but couldn't navigate my way around.

if this is the wrong place, please let me know...otherwise, can someone help me sound intelligent?

Thanks!!!!!!

Start here, and if you have any questions, please ask.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-r...of-your-flap-classic-flap-reissues-44179.html

The flap bag you are interested in is commonly referred to by the Sales Associates as the 2.55 - named that by CoCo Chanel for the month and year she introduced the style (February 1955). The 2.55 flap bag was originally designed with mademoiselle closure and mademoiselle chain - exactly the same style as today's "reissues". The "classic flap" is sort of an update on the original 2.55

In 2005 Karl Lagerfeld "reissued" the 2.55 in the original style to commemorate it's 50th birthday. Since then they have introduced three seasons of new colors for the "reissue". HTH