Choosing between two Kelly's. I need advice please

Dec 7, 2006
Sorry this is kind of long but I'm so torn between the two. I need your input please....

I don't own any Hermes handbags yet, but i've been looking around online and in stores for quite a while now trying to figure out what styles and colors of bag i like. I've decided that I'm a Kelly girl at heart and am ready to make my first purchase. Now''s decision time.

First option is a brand new 32cm Bleu Jean Kelly in togo leather with PHW. I love Blue Jean and already own a blue jean belt and watch. I've tried it on in my local store before and i love the casual feel that such a classic bag brings.

My second option is a VINTAGE black 32cm croc Kelly (Porosus) with gold hardware. The bag appears to be in good condition and has only minor scratches. I love it because - well it's my dream bag! The price is just a little higher than the brand new bleu jean but my concern is the fact that it's a Vintage piece, but a brand new croc Kelly is out of my affordibility right now.

I wear jeans a lot, but also have a lot of dressey clothes so I can go either casual or dressey. So what do you think? Please share your personal preferences and share the reasons for them. THANK YOU.

Last edited:
I would get the blue jean- the croc seems like more of a special occasion bag to me. I think bj is a very versatile color that will work well for your wardrobe.

Tough one!
Couple thoughts...
Which one really sings to you? I know when I buy Kellys I like to purchase what really calls me. When I do that, I never make a mistake. If it is screaming my name I just know. Does one seem to pull you in its direction?

Also, think hard about your clothing. Maybe one might just work better for you than the other. You want to be able to use this bag as much as possible, so think about it.

SInce the price point is almost the same, and if you can get over the mental hurdle of a used/vintage bag, and like what Lulilu said, really use the croc, then the croc (since it is your dream bag and asuming it is in good condition - no cracking/dryness etc)

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.
I think for now a bleu jean fits my lifestyle better, but I just can't let go of the idea that I would love to ultimately own a black croc kelly with gold hardware, and since it's available right now, I thought maybe I should just get it and get it over with.

SInce the price point is almost the same, and if you can get over the mental hurdle of a used/vintage bag, and like what Lulilu said, really use the croc, then the croc (since it is your dream bag and asuming it is in good condition - no cracking/dryness etc)

Thanks archangel. It is in really good condition, no dryness or cracking, but it definitely needs a spa treatment in my opinion.

Another good point is I can't REALLY get over the mental hurdle of getting a used bag, yet.
:confused1:

Totally agree and great decision on the croc! Go get it!
The thing with these bags is that once you have a fixed idea in your head of what you want, it just doesn't leave you alone. So even if you were to get the BJ, you would STILL want the croc. So you may as well get it.
Croc looks SUPER with jeans, a crisp white blouse and a nice pair of shoes. Just look at pics of our member gina_b for inspiration.
Good luck and looking forward to your reveal!

I would go for the croc if it truely is in good condition and if you're getting a steal! BJ 28 will be available any time. Croc for a good price in decent condition may not be.

I think the blue jean is a better choice. you can almost always find a vintage black croc. i find it harder to locate blue jean and still haven't found the one for me - 35cm with PH! Plus you have the belt to match. I think you'll get more use of the blue jean plus it's brand new, right? nothing like new out of the box.