Choosing an engagement ring--help please!

CastoCreations said:
May I ask why you wouldn't recommend shaneco?

I went to the Shane Company here in Seattle area to get my engagement/wedding ring, my husband's ring, and my wedding jewelry (before I knew how to make my own).

Of course, our budget was nowhere near $30k! I think my ring was less than $3,000 and that seemed extravegant to me. :smile: I'm just a simple country girl. LOL
Nothing wrong with simple! I am sure your ring is gorgeous! I have just heard some less than reputable things about their company. I also don't like how they don't provide GIA certs with their diamonds, but prefer to do an "in-house" grading. I am big with certification though. I just don't really care for chain stores, but thats just me.

crjhht said:
Nothing wrong with simple! I am sure your ring is gorgeous! I have just heard some less than reputable things about their company. I also don't like how they don't provide GIA certs with their diamonds, but prefer to do an "in-house" grading. I am big with certification though. I just don't really care for chain stores, but thats just me.

Gotcha! I hadn't heard anything bad...the only thing I don't like is there isn't one closer to me. I need to get mine cleaned. :smile:

I definitely don't care for most big chains, but I am also leery of independent stores/dealers. I'm just paranoid all around. LOL

Another vote for tiffany's! Their workmanship is superb! The engagements are so elegant. Just look at their website. They have a big selection of different settings. U won't be disappointed. A lot of other jewelers try to copy their settings and hardly get it right. Plus u will be treated like a princess. I have the legacy and every time I look at my hand my heart sings. It is so gorgeous! :smile: good luck and congrats!