Choosing a watch for a graduation gift... Help!

heini_t

O.G.
Jun 5, 2008
My parents have promised me a good watch as a graduation present, and although I'm not done with my studies just yet I'm already picking the perfect watch... :smile: The budjet I guess would be around 2000$ or so, maybe a bit flexibly.

I definately want a big watch rather than a tiny feminine one, and although a classic one would be safer, I do love for example the J12 (I know it's out of my price range... :sad:) as it's a bit more contemporary and fun. I like croc/leather wristbands, but the option to one day maybe change it to a metal one would be great.

Any suggestions?

And TIA

I admit I'm biased because I LOVE Invicta's but this watch is seriously droolworthy and fits the description of what your looking for.

It's big and bold but not too cumbersome to wear (I wear mine quite a bit, it's my favorite watch)

List's for 2,795 but Amazon has one on sale for just over 1K.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00106DLTA...KIKX0DER&&tag=shopzilla_rev_2-20&linkCode=asn

If the Corduba doesn't work, I suggest investigating some of the other high end Invicta's that give you the option of strap changes. My Diamond Baby Lupah has 8 leather straps and a SS band and with their patented quick release changing them is a piece of cake. Goodluck, be sure to post what you end up with.

Attachments

• Invicta.jpg
    Invicta.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 85
High school or college? Michele's are cute and def within the budget. the deco with diamonds is really cute. OR if you want something really fun, i suggest the hello kitty watch.....they are so nice. look on neimans website. i think the hello kitty ones are $995-$1995 or something like that

I found some nice watches on JIC with the help of their gift finder.

Do you work for JIC? You sure mention it a lot.

OP - A nice watch is such a wonderful way to celebrate a graduation! I'd also recommend the Michele watch --it's so similar to the J12 but much less expensive. Also look at Ebel and Tourneau.

I would recommend a Michele watch, as well! They are very fashionable and a good price for what you get. I just found a CSX 36 at TJ Maxx last week that was $1495.00 for $599.99. I thought it was a steal and promptly purchased the watch. Good luck in your decision making!

You might need to give us some pointers about your taste - do you have a definite preference for a face-shape? Round, square, rectangular? Diamonds or no diamonds? Does it need to be water-proof? Is your personal style cute, elegant, feminine, sporty, outdoors?

Longines is a lovely brand that makes a few models within your price range. I also think there would be some Tags in that range also. If you like the size and shape of the J12, Tag might be a brand to consider for something similar.

Good luck with your decision, and more importantly, congratulations on graduating!