Choosing a birthday bag...

Cristina

O.G.
Oct 23, 2005
My birthday is next Thursday, May 3 :nuts: I received a $150 gift card during the Saks Spend Some Get Some promotion, and the BF is getting me a $200 gift card, as well. The first thing that comes to mind is using my cash stash on, well... a bag :graucho:

Now that I am a new Prada and Miu Miu convert - where have I been all of this time?! - I have my sights set on a few things. Decisions, decisions!

What do you ladies think? Opinions are appreciated.

This first bag also comes in orange, which I think looks awesome. I love bright colors. However, I'd love a white bag for the summer! I'm really drawn to this style. I tried it on in tan at Saks the other day, and it's super comfortable.

0404360586950_275x275.jpg

NMV00GD_mn.jpg

This next bag I'd have to see in real life. It says oversize, but I'm not sure how large it is. But it's beautiful!
0404362812392_CMILITARE_275x275.jpg

0416664121713_275x275.jpg

Hi Cristina...

Happy early Birthday!! I can't think of a better way to celebrate!!!

I like all 3 bags. I'm most intrigued by the 1st bag you posted because I love the shoulder strap or handle on the bag - love that knot!

When I bought my most recent bag (which was for my BD too!) I took a look at what I was carrying, the style and trying to find what style would work best for me so I would get the most wear out of the new bag.

What style bag do you reach for most in your closet? Funcionality first, then I go for the look... because if the bag doesn't work, I'm the type that will never carry it. Btw, I loved the last Prada you have a pic of... but when I got it I threw my stuff in it - it was nice! soft and squishy, smelled nice and everything, but I found that when I tried to reach for something in my bag the bag was so unstructured that it was a pain to find something. Just a little fyi for you.

Hope this helps!

All pretty! I tried the middle, brown one and it is VERY big. I was lusting after that same bag for a while. Beautiful, buttery leather and so pretty, but rather large. When I tried it, I wasn't feeling "handbag," I was feeling large big tote or briefcase-like...not something I'd use often for my needs I passed on it, finally... only cuz of the size. I DO love the smaller version that Meowy posted -- looks like a great size!

I think the top white one is really pretty, very chic for summer. I tried that one, too and I really liked the size and the soft pleats. I love pleats!!

Good luck with your choice!!

Thanks for the input, padparasha and Minette :smile:

I figured the large brown tote would be, well - large. It said so in the description, but no measurements were posted. Glad to know it's big so I can cross it off my list. I like big bags, but not briefcase-style totes.

Pad, when it comes to reaching for a bag in my closet, I go for whatever stands out and whatever fits my mood. That's why I like diversity in my collection, so that I have a bag to fit (most) of my moods ;) and go with my wardrobe.

I have been looking for the right white bag, but I am afraid of getting the exterior dirty and it eventually getting a yellow/dingy tinge to it. This is the main reason why I shy away from light colored bags. What is everyone's experience with white leather bags? Easy to clean? If so, what cleaners do you guys recommend? I really think I'm going to splurge on the pleated hobo in white :wlae:

Cristina...

I know what you mean about the white bags. I don't own a white bag for that reason. But then again, my wardrobe is mainly dark browns, olives and earth tone colors so I always tend to go for browns when buying a bag.

I do however, really like the white bag you posted. I would probably go for the middle tan one though - that'd work best with my wardrobe! :graucho:

If the bag style isn't an issue, then go for the one you love best.:yes:

Happy early birthday Cristina!! I LOVE the first and last bags you posted.. I think they're both gorgeous! If I had to pick between the two I'd go with the last one. It looks really elegant and fun at the same time!

Prada Psycho - I bet the Prada hobo is gorgeous in dark brown :nuts:

billbill - The Miu Miu satchel looks great on you! I don't think it would look right on me, now that I see it is pretty big. But I love the color.

Thanks for the input and birthday wishes, everyone! Hopefully I'll be hitting Saks next Friday after my birthday, so if I get anything I'll be sure to post pictures :graucho: I am pretty sure that I am going to try and track down the Miu Miu knotted hobo in white, and also check out the Gucci counter :shame: If I can't find the hobo in-store, I might order it. Hmm.

Cristina Here's the Prada hobo in brown.

Damnit, why did you have to show me these beautiful pictures?! :P :drool: It truly looks gorgeous on you. It looks like a bag that hangs very well on the shoulder, very chic! This bag is beautiful.

What to do? :Push: Hopefully the Saks I go to will have both this bag and the Miu Miu knotted hobo in white, so that I can compare the two side-by-side.

Thanks for the pictures, pad - they really gave me a good idea how the bag looks on! :smile:

Hi Cristina...
Btw, I loved the last Prada you have a pic of... but when I got it I threw my stuff in it - it was nice! soft and squishy, smelled nice and everything, but I found that when I tried to reach for something in my bag the bag was so unstructured that it was a pain to find something. Just a little fyi for you.

I completely agree with this - I bought this bag earlier this month but it was too difficult to find my stuff in this bag, although I loved the slouchiness.

I'd go with the first knotted bag!