Choo Disaster

Slightly dramatic title but I wanted to vent my frustrations. I bought my (first) two pairs of Anouk's a couple of months ago during the summer sales and was very pleased with my purchases. However, the third time I wore a pair, the heel completely broke - this was whilst I was at work, where I do very little walking.

When I took them back to Harrods, they said they could offer me a refund but not send the shoes back for repair. When I called the boutique they said that they would consider repairing the shoe for free, however I would have to pay for the shipping. I found this all ridiculous, as it was clearly a manufacturing fault! In the end, as I bought them for a very good price, I was reluctant to let them go, so I just took them to Harvey Nichols and paid for the repair.

Apologies for the rant, but I found this all completely unacceptable.

Has anyone else had a similar bad experience with Jimmy Choo?

Attachments

• IMG_7591.JPG
    IMG_7591.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_7592.JPG
    IMG_7592.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_7593.JPG
    IMG_7593.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 403
That is unacceptable and strange. All my shoes for work are choos and I wear them every day....for years now...and this has never happened. Definitely return if you can.

OMG that's awful, sorry to hear about this, that heel break looks really nasty, i hope you were ok?

Having said that, i have anouks that i wear regularly for work. I have a pair on today actually and i've never had a problem with them. As you say, a manufacturing defect if it happened after only 3 wears.

Louise

Have you tried contacting their customer service directly?

I had a very pleasant experience with JC. I bought a pair of peep toe on Ebay, so not in a boutique, and wore it to a wedding. At the end of the night, one of the heel was ruined, the leather on the heel had opened to the point I could the inside (I walked on cobblestones and probably I put a heel between two stones, and the leather was ripped). I immediately contacted their customer service for repair, they forwarded my e - mail to the Rome boutique which checked with the artisans that heels in the tone of my shoes were still available.
I had to pay for the shipping, yes, but after 2 months I was able to recollect my shoes in Rome repaired and free of charge, when it wasn't their fault and I wasn't a customer. I would have paid everything to have those shoes repaired, but the free of charge repair was a nice surprise.