Choo Disaster

Dec 5, 2012
London
Slightly dramatic title but I wanted to vent my frustrations. I bought my (first) two pairs of Anouk's a couple of months ago during the summer sales and was very pleased with my purchases. However, the third time I wore a pair, the heel completely broke - this was whilst I was at work, where I do very little walking.

When I took them back to Harrods, they said they could offer me a refund but not send the shoes back for repair. When I called the boutique they said that they would consider repairing the shoe for free, however I would have to pay for the shipping. I found this all ridiculous, as it was clearly a manufacturing fault! In the end, as I bought them for a very good price, I was reluctant to let them go, so I just took them to Harvey Nichols and paid for the repair.

Apologies for the rant, but I found this all completely unacceptable.

Has anyone else had a similar bad experience with Jimmy Choo?

Attachments

LovEmAll

LovEmAll @dailyloves
Aug 28, 2014
Washington DC
That is unacceptable and strange. All my shoes for work are choos and I wear them every day....for years now...and this has never happened. Definitely return if you can.

Feb 3, 2009
OMG that's awful, sorry to hear about this, that heel break looks really nasty, i hope you were ok?

Having said that, i have anouks that i wear regularly for work. I have a pair on today actually and i've never had a problem with them. As you say, a manufacturing defect if it happened after only 3 wears.

Louise

katran26

Bargain Hunter!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2008
Boston
That is definitely ridiculous - especially since you wore them in the office, and they look in amazing condition overall. Wow.

maryg1

K in a circle
O.G.
Aug 29, 2006
Italy
Have you tried contacting their customer service directly?

I had a very pleasant experience with JC. I bought a pair of peep toe on Ebay, so not in a boutique, and wore it to a wedding. At the end of the night, one of the heel was ruined, the leather on the heel had opened to the point I could the inside (I walked on cobblestones and probably I put a heel between two stones, and the leather was ripped). I immediately contacted their customer service for repair, they forwarded my e - mail to the Rome boutique which checked with the artisans that heels in the tone of my shoes were still available.
I had to pay for the shipping, yes, but after 2 months I was able to recollect my shoes in Rome repaired and free of charge, when it wasn't their fault and I wasn't a customer. I would have paid everything to have those shoes repaired, but the free of charge repair was a nice surprise.