Choice between a Sookie and a Sofia

Silkpearl

O.G.
Nov 27, 2013
I am thinking of venturing into the world of Salvatore Ferragamo handbags. Would you prefer a Sookie bag or a Sofia handbag? Why? They look quite similar in shape and construction to me. Grateful if any owners of either or both bags would pass comments.
TIA

My vote is for the Sofia. I've had mine for almost 3 years and still love it. The style is classic and will never go out of style. Also it has more pockets than the Sookie. The Sookie only has a removable pouch. Not sure what size you are thinking of but the Sofia you can wear cross body or handheld which I love that option. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think only the small Sookie can be worn cross body. Sofias do also have different materials that they come in (pebbled, smooth, exotic, and during the Summer, I've seen it in woven leather and a basket like material).

Thanks for your input Vanessa and Ikweh. I tried on a small pebbled leather sofia instore and it was lovely. But I noticed that the internal lining is brocade while the lining of the sookie ( medium, they didnt have small), was leather. Bit disconcerting considering the price points? They also only had it in black - i was thinking of a deep block colour.
I guess the clasp is no more fiddly to close than a turnlock? Do you find it secure?
:thinking:

I am lusting over these two bags right now. I think they are different enough to buy both. The medium sookie is only over the shoulder. The sofia is handheld, shoulder or crossbody. the sofia's shape is shorter and wider. I have seen both in person and without a doubt the quality is very very good. Louis Vuitton is my usual choice but I'm branching out to Ferragamo, their quality seems equal (or better!).

These are completely different bags. I have the large Sookie which is more of a tote style. It has no external pockets, worn on the shoulder and comes with a pouch. I just toss things into it. The Sookie leather comes smooth but is quite the workhorse. I plan to get a medium Sofia in the future - just waiting for the right color in smooth leather for me. It a satchel style which you can carry by the top handle, on your shoulder or crossbody. It has an external pocket. The Sofias in pebbled leather have a jacquard lining while the smooth leather versions have leather lining. I'd say it would be worth it to have both!

These are completely different bags. I have the large Sookie which is more of a tote style. It has no external pockets, worn on the shoulder and comes with a pouch. I just toss things into it. The Sookie leather comes smooth but is quite the workhorse. I plan to get a medium Sofia in the future - just waiting for the right color in smooth leather for me. It a satchel style which you can carry by the top handle, on your shoulder or crossbody. It has an external pocket. The Sofias in pebbled leather have a jacquard lining while the smooth leather versions have leather lining. I'd say it would be worth it to have both!

Can I ask how long you have had your Sookie and if the handles stay upright or droop? Thanks!;)

Thanks for your input Vanessa and Ikweh. I tried on a small pebbled leather sofia instore and it was lovely. But I noticed that the internal lining is brocade while the lining of the sookie ( medium, they didnt have small), was leather. Bit disconcerting considering the price points? They also only had it in black - i was thinking of a deep block colour.
I guess the clasp is no more fiddly to close than a turnlock? Do you find it secure?
:thinking:
I have no problem with security on my Sofia.

I forgot to add that my album has a photo of my Lava Sookie after a year of use. You'll get a better idea of how the handles have "semi-drooped" :smile:

http://forum.purseblog.com/album.php?albumid=11649&pictureid=110091
Your Sookie is beautiful and looks to be holding up very elegantly. I noticed on Zappos website they had a small sookie with a detachable strap handle and zipped pocket inside? Is this a new style? Think they called it a 'satchel'. Have they been bringing out new versions? I would lean towards the small sookie if the top handles are able to go over the shoulder too.

I have my Sofia Pebbled leather for almost a year now and I'm obsessed. It is durable, and versatile at the same time.
Personally, I prefer the design of the Sofia better. And also, not sure about the smooth leather, but I afraid it scratch up easier than the pebbled leather one.Maybe someone who has the smooth can elucidate that.