Chocolate spy has arrived!

Thanks everyone! :heart:
I do love the chocolate, but because of the flaws, I am not feeling as much love for it as say, my paddingtons. The bottom of the front clasp will only stay at the back of the handle if I physically move it there and even then it pushes back to the front covering the fendi logo and bashing about whenever I walk. It also squeaks a lot, which is SO annoying.:cry:
I am so annoyed that this is the THIRD bag I have been sent and it is still marked. I have been on the phone countless times to check these things before sending the bag out and despite being assured that they have, the checks have obviously not been done as the first bag they sent had a piece of leather (which was VERY visible, though thew SA claims she never noticed) missing from the front of the braided handle. The second bag had marks right across the front flap (the only way to describe them would be to say that they looked like bleach marks?!).
Now after spending so much money on shipping and returning fees I am fed up with it all.
I hate calling Fendi up because the SA'S are so rude, yet I dont know what to do about this bag.
Do I keep it, return it or exchange for a honey?! (they had sold out of the honey, though maybe they can get another?)
I hate this stress! :hrmm:

Hi Chloe,

Sorry to hear you aren't thrilled with your new bag. I think for that amount of money you should be **ECSTATIC**. Where did you purchase yours? Perhaps there is somewhere closer to where you live where they might be able to help you with the squeaking, etc.

As for the distressing, I believe this is normal (See attached pic of my new chocolate spy)...

Again, good luck with whatever you decide. I think if you can fix the squeaking, you will be very happy with the bag.

Attachments

• spy.JPG
    spy.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 26
mpark46 said:
Hi Chloe,

Sorry to hear you aren't thrilled with your new bag. I think for that amount of money you should be **ECSTATIC**. Where did you purchase yours? Perhaps there is somewhere closer to where you live where they might be able to help you with the squeaking, etc.

As for the distressing, I believe this is normal (See attached pic of my new chocolate spy)...

Again, good luck with whatever you decide. I think if you can fix the squeaking, you will be very happy with the bag.

I think that distressing looks more like it has been rubbed against with something. Cause mine doesn't have that. It looks like it has been worn for a while.

Chloe_concord said:
I think that distressing looks more like it has been rubbed against with something. Cause mine doesn't have that. It looks like it has been worn for a while.

Exactly! That was my initial 'gut reaction' when I first got the bag. It was only later that I noticed the edges of the bag were worn, which to me is always a sign of pre-used. :hrmm:
I decided to send the bag back. I rang Fendi and did not get any joy from the SA who basically told me that the bag was picked as the best one they have in stock. I told her about the squeaking front handle and she said this was normal?! I am really sad to have to send it back but it had to be done, I could not be 100% happy with something that I know I do not feel is to my expectations. The distressed leather was not an issue at all, it was the colour rub off that was around the opening of the bag and on the actual front flap that annoyed me.
I think I will opt for a honey spy now. The SA said this will be the most likely colour they will get in stock next and to be honest, I am so sick of all this hassle that it has really taken the shine off having such a beautiful bag. :cry: I think this will serve me as a lesson not to deal with Fendi again.

Any opinions on the honey?