Choco Shopper Arrived...Had it with Chloe

ET - First off, I think the Chloe SA's are missing the difference between not being perfect and DEFECTIVE! It's their way of signing off shoddy workmanship without having to deal with the consequences. It's part of the distressed casual look. Maybe you should have some distressed casual words with them too.

Anyways, I have a solution to your problem. Hire Dude to do an authenticity of this item. Most likely he/she'll say that it's fake. You might even get a reason (crappy leather matching seems like a good one to me. Afterall, it's so clearly evident that even Dude wouldn't miss that one). Then you can send this bag back to Chloe along with Dude's letter stating how the bag is clearly a fake and demand your money back!

In all seriousness, I'm sorry that this happened. I hope it gets resolved soon.

BalenciagaLove said:
ET - First off, I think the Chloe SA's are missing the difference between not being perfect and DEFECTIVE! It's their way of signing off shoddy workmanship without having to deal with the consequences. It's part of the distressed casual look. Maybe you should have some distressed casual words with them too.

Anyways, I have a solution to your problem. Hire Dude to do an authenticity of this item. Most likely he/she'll say that it's fake. You might even get a reason (crappy leather matching seems like a good one to me. Afterall, it's so clearly evident that even Dude wouldn't miss that one). Then you can send this bag back to Chloe along with Dude's letter stating how the bag is clearly a fake and demand your money back!

In all seriousness, I'm sorry that this happened. I hope it gets resolved soon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You know, I might not mind a store credit so much if they HAD ANYTHING in the store!!!

Hi ET! The reason I mentioned the danger of the books distorting the leather is that although I don't have a Paddy, I do have a very soft leather Chloe hobo, which distorts if you put booklets in it; let alone heavy books!

I also read the thread, below, about the base of the Paddy bag 'sagging'; which would obviously hint at the leather being too soft and unsupported, to carry books or a laptop:

http://forum.purseblog.com/chloe/insert-make-my-paddy-base-flat-not-sag-14354.html

:smile:

Edit: Just noticed that you contributed to that thread (you hadn't when I read it!), so I guess you already know all that, right?! :shame: :lol:

I have the choco paddy and the whisky shopper and I love them both so much that a choco shopper would be a dream bag. I have been using my shopper as an overnight bag and I used it as my carryon when I went to Mexico. For me I could use it as an everyday bag but I am into smaller bags lately. It certainly isn't too large looking to be an everyday bag, especially if you have to carry a lot of stuff for the day. I would not worry too much about the little nuances of your bag if you absolutely love it, but if you don't - work hard to get your money back. Throw them the line that if you have had to return two bags for workmanship that is unacceptable to you then you would not be interested in their product in the future so a store credit would be useless. Goodluck

ET, :sad2::sad2::sad2:

I am so sorry, I feel a little responsible.

I was thinking, if Chloe doesn't have anything you wish to exchange for or wait for, why don't you try and ebay it? You never know, you could possibly make a profit? Also, is the credit only limited to that particular chloe boutique or can you get another bag from a different chloe boutique?

I've been sitting here now analyzing my choco tote with a fine tooth comb and the stitching on mine is like yours and the placement of the grommets are also similar although my right grommets are not seated exactly on the corners, but they are closer to the corners than the grommets on the left. Phew -- did you get all that?

But you know what? I still love it, a lot and after seeing that it doesn't bother me. As a matter of fact, I haven't carried a bag around this long in a long time. Sometimes I even hug it (I know, it sounds crazy) because its so soft and when I am driving, it sits next to me and I just have to touch it and squeeze it because I can't believe how beautiful it is.

But you have to be 100% happy with your bag otherwise you will go nuts.

Hi Mammab! I wondered if we would hear from you in all of this. Don't feel responsible at all...your bag is gorgeous and I went through all of your pics again to see if yours looked like mine and from what I can tell it doesn't. Yours is perfect, or really, really close. I talked to Chloe and we have worked out a solution. But let me ask...what on earth do you carry in yours? It's bigger than it looks in the pics! It really is gorgeous, and the leather is unbelievable, but it dwarfs my City and my Edith, and those are the two "big" bags I carry.

P.S.-I can totally see hugging that leather. It is the softest leather of any bag I have ever touched!

chicbags said:
I talked to Chloe and we have worked out a solution.

I am so glad to hear that. Are they giving you a refund instead of a store credit? :oh:

Yes...I think they did it just to get rid of me once and for all! But hey, whatever it takes! I shipped the bag this afternoon. And FedEx finally picked up my Gaucho, so I am down to only TWO new bags now! YAY!

ETenebris said:
Hi Mammab! I wondered if we would hear from you in all of this. Don't feel responsible at all...your bag is gorgeous and I went through all of your pics again to see if yours looked like mine and from what I can tell it doesn't. Yours is perfect, or really, really close. I talked to Chloe and we have worked out a solution. But let me ask...what on earth do you carry in yours? It's bigger than it looks in the pics! It really is gorgeous, and the leather is unbelievable, but it dwarfs my City and my Edith, and those are the two "big" bags I carry.

P.S.-I can totally see hugging that leather. It is the softest leather of any bag I have ever touched!

Sorry :sad: I've been so busy that I haven't had that much time to check in (just got done w/a 3 hour drive to Vancouver).

I'm so glad that a solution has been found, whew !

Well, I carry in the main compartment, a long zip wallet, makeup case, a magazine and 2-3 diapers and some wipes. Then in the side pocket is my sunglasses case and my ipod.

Then the little pocket is my phone and keys......

Sorry, my little boy is being VERY high maintenance right now (CLINGING TO MY LEG.....) Ugh ---

chicbags said:
LOL :P

I am glad it all worked out.

I buy my Chloes from Nordstroms. I might have to wait longer, but I know I can return for a refund without a problem, if I need to.

EXACTLY! And Nordstrom called me about a week after I got the first bag to tell me it was in stock! From now on I will wait. The only exception may be Bal NY, since I KNOW what I am getting already in a Balenciaga. I learned the hard way with Chloe. No more Ron Herman, no more Chloe Boutiques.