Chnale small boy bag or classic mini square

Kerstinxo

Feb 12, 2016
Hi Ladies,
if you would have to take a decision - which one would you prefer?
The small boy or the classic mini flap?

Which one holds more?

Apr 24, 2009
Imo mini holds more than small boy.
In terms of which i would choose, it depends on the leather, color & hw.

sakuraboo

O.G.
Jan 17, 2011
depends on your needs. i have both. the boy is edgy but it fits very little (which is fine with me); i can fit more in the sq.mini but the chain from this season is just a bit shorter on me than the boy.

Kerstinxo

Feb 12, 2016
I cannot decide:sad: i love the special look of the boy and that i Can wear it crossbody. The mini square is Zoo short i think, isnt it? I am 174 cm

Ici

Jan 16, 2016
Small boy. Its great as a messenger bag, based on your height the sq mini will be short on you.

beLLa <3

:)
O.G.
Jul 10, 2007
I have both the so black mini square and so black small boy. :smile: I'd say it depends on what you want --
IMO, the small boy is slightly more luxe and unique while the square mini is more casual and low-key. The square mini holds just a little more than the small boy and because of that, feels a bit more functional.

The strap drop on the mini is ~19.5-20.5 and the small boy is ~22-23in (if I remember correctly). I'm 5'4 and can barely wear the mini crossbody though it sits pretty high. The small boy falls perfectly crossbody on me.

Last edited:

dollymix27

Feb 13, 2014
I think it really depends on your needs and what you already have in your collection. Both can fit similar amounts but there is a little more leeway with the square mini due to the structure. They fit my daily essentials such as my Iphone SE, YSL card holder, LV key cles, tissues, blotting sheets, gum, earbuds, portable charger, hand sanitizer, chapstick, lipstick and sunglasses. The small boy can be worn casually and formally so it works for both day and night. You also have the option to double strap the chains and where on the shoulder if that appeals to you so in that sense, the boy is more versatile IMHO. However, I think the square mini is more practical because of the turn lock closure which makes it more easier to get in and out of the bag. HTH. Good luck deciding!