Chloe Zippy Bouler in Medium and Large

Jill said:
Do you think its too big for everyday use???
I use this for my everyday bag at the moment, love it, love it!!!! Mine is Blanc, delish!!!

SoCal, your Chloe collection is fantastic! You have fabulous taste!!!!!

cougess said:
I ordered the tote in the blanc....do you think it holds about the same amount as the bal work bag? Did SCP have the pocket paddy in the mousse? Thanks for your "reports" - they are great and very informative for those of us who do not have access to SCP! :idea:

I think the paddy tote is much more work functional than the bal work bag. It could fit a small laptop, manilla folders, etc. and the shoulder drop is very comfortable (and can be worn with a coat). I have the LV Cabas Mezzo and think the bags are somewhat similar in size.

Just got out the bags and the camera (my DH says, "Oh no..."). LV is a bit taller, Chloe is a bit wider.

Attachments

• Chloe Pics.jpg
    Chloe Pics.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 64
cougess said:
Did SCP have the pocket paddy in the mousse? Thanks for your "reports" - they are great and very informative for those of us who do not have access to SCP! :idea:

Chloe SCP had the large pocket paddy in mousse...but I got the impression they were shipping it to the NY store for a customer (that said...I think they would have sold it to me if I wanted it badly enough...). I liked the large pocket paddy, but the mousse is not a good color for me. They indicated they expected to receive it in tan sometime soon.

They had the medium pocket paddy bags in tan, whiskey, chocolate, black (not the grey/black), and blanc on Thursday. They seemed to be selling fast...

Nordstrom SCP did not have any pocket paddy bags (large or medium) yet.

I think of my posting as a "community service" exercise...I buy too many bags...at least this way, others can benefit by both my commitments and "inspections".

Photos from the spring accessories book are attached...

Attachments

• Chloe Pics 003.jpg
    Chloe Pics 003.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Chloe Pics 004.jpg
    Chloe Pics 004.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 65
ETenebris said:
The large mousse pocket is what I ordered. How much bigger was it than the pocket you bought? I love big bags...my Scout is about 16" across and around 10" tall.

It is larger and more square. For me, it would make a great work and/or weekend bag. I liked it! (But had to leave a few bags in the store...)

tod said:
SoCal, have you seen either the medium zippy or pocket paddy in a dark grey anywhere? I really like the dark grey color, a good black alternative.

No, I have not seen it in the medium size. I will be returning the large noir to Nordstroms as the black/black works better for me. The newest bags seem to be the black/black again as opposed to the grey/black. Chloe SCP did have a traditional medium paddy in matte anthracite. The coloring was quite similar to the grey/black noir. They did not have the pocket paddy in this color.

Sorry for the multiple posts...it was the easiest way to answer questions...

Tod, SerenitySue...OMG...I am a bit out of control...I am actually thinking about the pocket paddy in the chocolate. And telling myself to WAIT for new purchases until my May trip to Europe... My guest room floor looked like that damn Chloe ad yesterday...Chloe bags piled on top of each other...

SoCal said:
I think the paddy tote is much more work functional than the bal work bag. It could fit a small laptop, manilla folders, etc. and the shoulder drop is very comfortable (and can be worn with a coat). I have the LV Cabas Mezzo and think the bags are somewhat similar in size.

Just got out the bags and the camera (my DH says, "Oh no..."). LV is a bit taller, Chloe is a bit wider.

Thanks - I take my pics when DH is at the gym! Thanks for the comparison pictures. I think I have the same LV that I use for a work bag. Is yours the big one that has been discontinued (has a totally open top)? I got mine a few years ago on elux and paid around $800 - 900. Thought it was a fortune. In hindsight, what a bargain.:biggrin:

^ Was it the Cabas Alto that was discontinued? My LV (Cabas Mezzo) is between the Cabas Piano and the Cabas Alto in terms of size and has a zipper closure on top.

SoCal said:
It is larger and more square. For me, it would make a great work and/or weekend bag. I liked it! (But had to leave a few bags in the store...)

May I just say how much I absolutely LOVE you for posting pics of the spring book?!:love: :love: I was hoping for a more square Paddy, so it sounds like the big pocket was the right choice. Is it big enough to fit a small laptop (Mac Powerbook 15")? Not a crisis if it's not, but it would be a nice bonus. Assuming it ever GETS here!:blink: :nuts:

SoCal said:
Chloe SCP had the large pocket paddy in mousse...but I got the impression they were shipping it to the NY store for a customer (that said...I think they would have sold it to me if I wanted it badly enough...). I liked the large pocket paddy, but the mousse is not a good color for me. They indicated they expected to receive it in tan sometime soon.

They had the medium pocket paddy bags in tan, whiskey, chocolate, black (not the grey/black), and blanc on Thursday. They seemed to be selling fast...

Nordstrom SCP did not have any pocket paddy bags (large or medium) yet.

I think of my posting as a "community service" exercise...I buy too many bags...at least this way, others can benefit by both my commitments and "inspections".

Photos from the spring accessories book are attached...

Is that medium pocket in tan or whiskey? That is gorgeous! If the size of each bag in relation to the others is accurate, I am glad I went with the big pocket, but than tan medium pocket is to die for!

SoCal said:
Sorry for the multiple posts...it was the easiest way to answer questions...

Tod, SerenitySue...OMG...I am a bit out of control...I am actually thinking about the pocket paddy in the chocolate. And telling myself to WAIT for new purchases until my May trip to Europe... My guest room floor looked like that damn Chloe ad yesterday...Chloe bags piled on top of each other...

I keep coming back to your thread and looking at your pics! You can actually put up your own showroom :biggrin:

ETenebris said:
May I just say how much I absolutely LOVE you for posting pics of the spring book?!:love: :love: I was hoping for a more square Paddy, so it sounds like the big pocket was the right choice. Is it big enough to fit a small laptop (Mac Powerbook 15")? Not a crisis if it's not, but it would be a nice bonus. Assuming it ever GETS here!:blink: :nuts:

I think you could fit a small laptop in the large pocket paddy...can't wait to see your pics!

ETenebris said:
Is that medium pocket in tan or whiskey? That is gorgeous! If the size of each bag in relation to the others is accurate, I am glad I went with the big pocket, but than tan medium pocket is to die for!

Yes, the medium pocket in the catalogue is tan. I now have thoughts about the medium in chocolate and the large in tan... :shame:

I carried my medium black pocket all weekend...love this bag!

SoCal said:
Yes, the medium pocket in the catalogue is tan. I now have thoughts about the medium in chocolate and the large in tan... :shame:

I carried my medium black pocket all weekend...love this bag!

Ron Herman has the tan medium pocket in stock right now...my SA called me Friday to let me know. I love it in the chocolate, but went with the larger mousse. If you get one, post pics! That tan color looks a lot nicer than I thought it would...

I will definitely post pics for everyone as soon as my bag arrives (and after I finish jumping for joy!). :nuts: