Chloe woody basket tote

I havent seen anyone carry this yet, i just wonder how sturdy or strong the basket is to keep its weave & not fray. but again have never seen a designer weave in person, would be interesting how they treat it - is it long lasting.

I tried it in store today. Quite bag and the raffia doesn’t feel very soft or well made. I actually much prefer the woody basket (the small one with a thin shoulder strap). It is so much better and chic!

I love the fact that it's handmade in collaboration with a fairtrade organization, the leather label inside is marked with the name of the weaver and the weave looks sturdy enough to me - tightly woven with expected irregularities which just add to the overall charm and character. I have both the basket and the regular medium woody tote with the tan trim and having trouble deciding which to keep!

• Love
Reactions: Volvomom
I tried it in store today. Quite bag and the raffia doesn’t feel very soft or well made. I actually much prefer the woody basket (the small one with a thin shoulder strap). It is so much better and chic!
Do you own the basket bag? I have been eyeing it and was wanting to hear someone’s input on it! How much does it fit? Love how it looks!!

Reactions: CindyLC
Do you own the basket bag? I have been eyeing it and was wanting to hear someone’s input on it! How much does it fit? Love how it looks!!

I just tried it on today and it’s super cute, can fit a lot inside. Only problem is the bottom is very stiff, if i tried this as a shoulder bag it would awkwardly stick out at my waist. Great if you want a top handle bag but not for me as a shoulder bag. It’s a soft weave and not a hard material like Marcie Basket.

I ended up getting the large basket, same basket size as woody but longer straps.

4509284D-45BB-4E98-B1D6-5AB53C8280DA.jpeg

I just tried it on today and it’s super cute, can fit a lot inside. Only problem is the bottom is very stiff, if i tried this as a shoulder bag it would awkwardly stick out at my waist. Great if you want a top handle bag but not for me as a shoulder bag. It’s a soft weave and not a hard material like Marcie Basket.

I ended up getting the large basket, same basket size as woody but longer straps.

View attachment 5344560
Thanks so much! It’s beautiful!