Chloe Vanessa?

catsinthebag

adopt a shelter pet!
O.G.
Sep 7, 2010
Does anyone have this bag? It's a new style for Chloe and I saw it IRL today for the first time at my local Barney's. The leather is amazing -- I'm no expert, it it reminded me of the leather Celine uses for its soft cabas bags. It has an adjustable strap so it can be worn as a hobo or cross-body. The top zips, but if it's left unzipped, the top can be folded down to expose a contrasting interior. The one I saw was cashmere gray, but it also comes in a tan color and black.

Anyone else have any experience with this style? I am intrigued!

Does anyone have this bag? It's a new style for Chloe and I saw it IRL today for the first time at my local Barney's. The leather is amazing -- I'm no expert, it it reminded me of the leather Celine uses for its soft cabas bags. It has an adjustable strap so it can be worn as a hobo or cross-body. The top zips, but if it's left unzipped, the top can be folded down to expose a contrasting interior. The one I saw was cashmere gray, but it also comes in a tan color and black.

Anyone else have any experience with this style? I am intrigued!

Hi there. I actually ordered one today. It is expected to arrive within 7-10 business days (they said by Feb 25th :biggrin:). So I'll be sure to post again to let you know my opinion. I'm really looking forward to it too. Especially since I was able to find some more pics of them online (being held by people) and they look pretty good with different outfits. It looks like it would go with most outfits if you get it in black. I also love the fact that it looks soft to the touch but its noted as being softly structured so its assumed that it can take a scratch or two without me having a heart attack. Lol. So we'll see. I've been looking for a good everyday bag and this looks like a good one.

Hi there. I actually ordered one today. It is expected to arrive within 7-10 business days (they said by Feb 25th :biggrin:). So I'll be sure to post again to let you know my opinion. I'm really looking forward to it too. Especially since I was able to find some more pics of them online (being held by people) and they look pretty good with different outfits. It looks like it would go with most outfits if you get it in black. I also love the fact that it looks soft to the touch but its noted as being softly structured so its assumed that it can take a scratch or two without me having a heart attack. Lol. So we'll see. I've been looking for a good everyday bag and this looks like a good one.

Hi again. I received my vanessa bag today and wanted to give you an update. I really like it and I'm thinking I'm going to keep it. Here's my synopsis :smile::

So the leather is a bit thinner than I anticipated but its not a deterent from liking the bag's overall appeal. The strap is wider than I anticipated which is plus. I can't stand a wimpy little strap...grrrrr. Plus the straps are adjustable with these cool looking gold snap buttons which I initially thought were just there for decoration. It also looks cool with more stuff than I anticipated it would. I've got some cute little rocker chic outfits that I wasn't sure it would work with but it did for the most part. It also works with my casual chic outfits and even some casual work attire. What I didn't like was how structured the bottom of the bag was. I know its a messenger bag but it doesn't really come off that way. It actually kinda looks like a bag my 70 something year old grandma would have worn if you don't make it sag the way you want (unless its zipped). What I mean by that is you basically have to smash it in the middle a little bit (and probably put some stuff in it) to give it that slouch effect. But its not the biggest deal in the world.

To sum it up, I pitted this bag against a Chanel bag (which I liked but wasn't crazy about the $3000 price tag), the Givenchy Medium sized Nightingale bag, which was beautiful but not for an everyday bag since the bigger strap over the wrist looked awkard and the smallest straps would barely fit over my wrist with my jacket on, an Alexander Wang Rockie or Diego Bag which were cool but I've seen them too many times on too many different people (plus they are also making knock-offs now for cheaper and who wants to pay $900 just to compete with someone's $150 imposter bag?). So I'd say this Chloe bag, for me, was perfect. It goes with most stuff so I'll get a lot of wear out of it. It looks like it might scratch at some point but it won't scratch super easy. And considering some of the other name brand bags out there, I'd say I'm right in the middle area which is where I wanted to be for an everyday name brand bag that you don't want to see everyone in. I'd give it 4 smiley faces out of 5 :smile:. Hope this helps!

Hi again. I received my vanessa bag today and wanted to give you an update. I really like it and I'm thinking I'm going to keep it. Here's my synopsis :smile::

So the leather is a bit thinner than I anticipated but its not a deterent from liking the bag's overall appeal. The strap is wider than I anticipated which is plus. I can't stand a wimpy little strap...grrrrr. Plus the straps are adjustable with these cool looking gold snap buttons which I initially thought were just there for decoration. It also looks cool with more stuff than I anticipated it would. I've got some cute little rocker chic outfits that I wasn't sure it would work with but it did for the most part. It also works with my casual chic outfits and even some casual work attire. What I didn't like was how structured the bottom of the bag was. I know its a messenger bag but it doesn't really come off that way. It actually kinda looks like a bag my 70 something year old grandma would have worn if you don't make it sag the way you want (unless its zipped). What I mean by that is you basically have to smash it in the middle a little bit (and probably put some stuff in it) to give it that slouch effect. But its not the biggest deal in the world.

To sum it up, I pitted this bag against a Chanel bag (which I liked but wasn't crazy about the $3000 price tag), the Givenchy Medium sized Nightingale bag, which was beautiful but not for an everyday bag since the bigger strap over the wrist looked awkard and the smallest straps would barely fit over my wrist with my jacket on, an Alexander Wang Rockie or Diego Bag which were cool but I've seen them too many times on too many different people (plus they are also making knock-offs now for cheaper and who wants to pay $900 just to compete with someone's $150 imposter bag?). So I'd say this Chloe bag, for me, was perfect. It goes with most stuff so I'll get a lot of wear out of it. It looks like it might scratch at some point but it won't scratch super easy. And considering some of the other name brand bags out there, I'd say I'm right in the middle area which is where I wanted to be for an everyday name brand bag that you don't want to see everyone in. I'd give it 4 smiley faces out of 5 :smile:. Hope this helps!

What a thorough review...love it! now we need some pics!

Modelling pics please, and may I asked how much it was ? TIA.

Hi. Sure. I paid $1,695 for it at Barney's online. But I believe they had it cheaper on different sites. One even said $1,295 but I don't think they delivered to the states. I would return it but I don't want to take the chance of losing out on getting one at all considering they were running low when I got it. (I checked how many they had in stock...lol) and sure. I'll post some pics.

I just brought the small version of this bag home (grey colored) - I wasn't even shopping for a Chloe - it's my first - but I completely fell for this bag in the store and it didn't hurt that it was 50% off. Advantages over other hobo/shoulder bags of this league:
1. Soooo lightweight. It's a dream to carry.
2. Adjustable shoulder strap in a clever design. I'm 5'5" and at its longest strap length, it could fit as a crossbody but looks a little short.
3. Has an outer zip pocket, which is a requirement for me because I like to have my keys in an accessible place apart from the main compartment so that I can keep everything else zipped up.
4. Very simple, chic with its clean lines and non-fussy hardware.

I highly recommend this bag as a day bag.

I have this bag in black leather and I love it. It is very practical as you can make the strap longer or shorter.
It is a very classy look and I believe it won't be going out of style anytime soon.
A must have for this winter.
It comes in 2 sizes and many different colors.
:smile:

Ryrybaby12, is your Vanessa small or medium? I just bought a small one on line and based on their measurements it doesn't seem like the strap is long enough to wear crossbody. The max strap length is 37cm. I really like the crossbody look so I hope mine will work for that purpose as well. Does anyone know if there are variations to the style? Not a lot written about this lovely bag here yet.