Chloe suing LVR?

I checked the web up and down and couldnt find anything on it. also when you google LVR they are even listed in a NYT article as one of the nicest and best places to shop in Italy so it would seem odd that a store that is repeatedly written up as one of the best boutiques in Italy would be hawking fakes. I mean thats like finding out Neimans or Barneys or bergdorf sells fakes. I hope its wrong bec if its not Ill be pissed. I just got an Edith from there versus Nordstroms at The Grove when they called today since they got 1, just one, in. gulp.....

I asked Chloe about a bag on LVR earlier this year and Chloe sent me an email back that LVR is not an authorized seller of Chloe. I've bought Marc Jacobs, Luella and Mulberry at LVR and all are authentic. I would be very surprised if they sold fakes, too many PF members buy Chloe from LVR.

I emailed LVR about my Edith because the front pocket was so structured and this is what they said.

that they only sell only 100 percent merchandise.

I have done some research here at Luisa Via Roma and contacted Chloe
directly.

There has not been any variations in the materials or the construction
of the handbags from last season to this season.

However, Chloe did suggest that your observation could be the fact that
there are two sizes of Chloe Edith handbags.

The smaller version in relation to the larger version slouches less.. it
has a more rigid appearance and feel.

There is also a great difference in price between the smaller and larger
version.

I do hope that this information is helpful to you.

We want to please our clients with our products and with our Csutomer
Service, therefore, I want you to know that I welcome your questions,
comments and concerns.

Again, I regret if you are not satisfied with your purchase.

If you would like to return the item, we are more than pleased to send
you the authorization number for the return. We have many clients who
are on waiting lists for that bag!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you should require any
further assistance.

Warm regards,

Cristina Camilli

Customer Service Agent

Well it happened to bluefly! They were selling balenciaga fakes like they were going out of style.

Not to freak anyone out - but didn't someone post an odd looking Edith in here this past week? She purchased from LVR - but the thing looked "off" - it was silky smooth leather? Does anyone else remember who it was?

Oh maybe it was you serengeti18 - can you post photos again of your edith so we can check her out for you?

I looked on Net-a-porter whcih we all know is real, it even links there form the official Chloe site and the wisky in th epic, of the larger edith has a very smooth structured front pocket. maybe im just trying to make mysel feel better...but my bags looks exactly like that one. does anyone know the sizes?

^^Which size do you have? I would also check on ebay. See if others that claim their bag is from LVR have the same tag# as you. Also check and see what tag numbers bags have that look fake to you. Maybe some info in there?

actually looking on NAP the small ones this season also have a very rigid front pocket. from the seriaol number thread it appears that all first edition bags have the same exact number sinc eeveryone is listing the number. it isnt actually serial numbers which are all different , its all date and month etc. Thanks Beauxgoris for your help! :smile:

I don't think it is impossible that LVR may be selling fakes. I think when a website becomes very popular and the demand is high and the supply is not these companies can get messy with who they choose as their distributor. I am not saying that LVR is selling fakes, I am just saying it is not out of the question.

I really wouldn't be comfortable buying from LVR, styledrops or net-a-porter after that whole bluefly fiasco. Bluefly is, or rather was, a very reputable company. Learning that they were selling, unknowingly or not, fake handbags is super scary!!!

Net-a-porter is totally legit! The official Chloe website links to it, for on-line purchases. Bluefly is in a wholly different category of seller than places selling new, current season merchandise. The fact a discounter, selling past season merchandise, sold some fakes doesn't make me paranoid about NAP, or even luisaviaroma, absent a lot more information.

macp6 said:
I have seen folks on e-bay claiming that their bags were from LVR and showing recpts, but the lock keyhole is upside down.
That could very well be bait and switch though, and not that anyone has received a fake bag from LVR.
I see people selling fake Louis Vuitton bags ALL THE TIME with receipts from elux and claims that that's where the bag was purchased, when it's evident that the bag isn't authentic.

Anyone can provide an authentic receipt with a fake bag and then lie about where the bag is REALLY from.

sratsey said:
That could very well be bait and switch though, and not that anyone has received a fake bag from LVR.
I see people selling fake Louis Vuitton bags ALL THE TIME with receipts from elux and claims that that's where the bag was purchased, when it's evident that the bag isn't authentic.

Anyone can provide an authentic receipt with a fake bag and then lie about where the bag is REALLY from.

Oh yeah! More likely though, people sell fake bags with fake receipts! You can actually go to ioffer and buy fake receipts! It is REALLY scary now! :wtf: Sellers of fake receipts actually say they can make the receipt look like Saks, NM, BG or Eluxury...even from a Chloe boutique. Aargh! Are we safe from anything? Take a look :rant:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/Chloe-Paddington-Receipts-any-colour-BEST-price-12538673
http://www.ioffer.com/i/Chloe-receipt-template-for-sell-12655364

OMG THAT IS CRAZY! SERIOUSLY thats waaaay to much effort to cheat someone out of money for a bag! i mean if you are going to be that deceiptful might as well go full hog and steal jems n paintings and such, banks!