chloe repair? help!

gagaforgucci

Mar 20, 2008
hi ladies I found a chloe bag I want really bad however there is a screw missing from the bottom of the lock? does anyone know of a quick fix for this or who i could take this to for repair? :cursing:

Hi! :biggrin:

Call Chloe and see if they can supply one (you'll probably have to pay) - you may have to pretend you bought it from them, though! :yes:

I wouldn't normally advocate lying, but I think it's ridiculous that if you have to pay for replacement parts, that you have to have bought it from them.

If it was a free replacment, that would be a totally different matter.

Alternatively, ask the seller where she bought it (and ideally, if she still has the receipt) and take it back to the store and see if they can help you.

Last edited:
Im not sure what to do!? I have run into 2 front pocket paddys in the last month in mouse. I could take it to a cobbler just to repair or replace that 1 screw on the bottom of the lock or I could wait and see if another pops up. Im just not sure if I should get this one thats used and has the one screw missing or if I should wait for another in better condition? I tried finding chloes number and all the stores that sell it popped up I also called nm to see if they might have the number or could special order the right lock...no luck :sweatdrop: oh the seller does think she has the reciept shes been ran sacing her house for it..lol I don't think it will matter though cause she bought it new at some dinky boutique down south! Im way up north!

If the seller does find the receipt, the boutique may still be able to obtain the screw, I suppose?

Maybe you should call them and see if they can, before you buy it?

The problem with having a cobbler do it, is they, almost certainly, won't have a matching screw. I've seen Chloes on eBay with replacement studs, where the cobbler has, apparently, told the seller he can provide a similar one and they are totally different!

If it's a real bargain and you don't mind that (bearing in mind it will affect future resale value), then go for it, but if it's quite pricey and you can't get a matching screw/lock I think I'd probably pass, personally. :shrugs:

Its very good priced under 400! but it does have ink spots inside and then the lock screw.. I watched one in mint condition go for just 475 though! Kicking myself that I didn't nab that one :noggin: So i think im going to wait I have no problem paying more for a better condition bag. Im a chloe nut and im fairly picky..Hopefully I wont have to wait to long for a good condition front pocket mouse to come along again!