chloe patent criss-cross sandals

goodmornin

yanko
O.G.
May 14, 2006
San Francisco!
Ok..

So I bought these Chloe Patent Criss Cross sandals which I thought were going to be really funky and different to all my other sandals/ballet flats/ flip flops that I have for the summer. I received them and still thought they were really cool.. but then as soon as I put them on my feet.. i found them really ugly since my feet looked like they were bandaged and as my friends put it .. I looked like I was wearing aerosoles...

But now that I've kept them for a while and tried them on again ... I think I'm beginning to like them. The heels are low, straps are wide, so they're not entirely flattering. But I think I kinda like them because they're different.

what do you think??? are they really ugly? Worth the price?

:tdown:? :tup:?

Attachments

IrisCole

O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
Michigan
www.nikitajade.etsy.com
I don't think they're awful, but they're not great either.

Also, if you're only beginning to sort of like them, you'll probably never love them - and you should probably love a pair of shoes that are that expensive.

goodmornin

yanko
O.G.
May 14, 2006
San Francisco!
yeah maybe it isn't too good to keep them... but then again - they're kinda cool shoes! ahh the decisions!

I bought them for a really good price and my only option now is to sell them on ebay... for which I don't have an active account - so that's also a hindrance I suppose..?

purse4u

Oct 9, 2007
i like them, theyre different & have kind of an 80s vibe to me -they do look comfortable & i think theyd look cute w/ skirts - do you have them in white? If you don't love them I'd say send them back if you can or have a little fashion show & try them on w/ things you think youll wear w/ them & they grow on you-patent is pretty hot right now too :yes:

purly

ALL THE BAGS!
O.G.
Sep 30, 2006
Austin, TX
Haha, you're right now that I think about it -- they look like mummy shoes.

What are you going to wear them with? They might be ok with the right pair of skinny jeans. I'm having a hard time imagining outfits for them.

Chi town Chanel

Meow!
O.G.
Dec 18, 2007
the Mothership
I'm on the fence about them because I don't know what I would wear them with. If you have outfits that work and you really love them, then keep them. That is what creates personal style.

mooks

May 4, 2007
Really not loving those.....bandages is immediately what I thought, rather frumpy TBH

goodmornin

yanko
O.G.
May 14, 2006
San Francisco!
But maybe bandage fashion is the newest trend!:wlae::woohoo:
These girls pull off the bandage trend pretty well.

http://www.asianoffbeat.com/default.asp?Display=740

JK jk jk

anyways I might post some pics of me wearing the shoe tomorrow to see if any of you guys change your mind. But seriously - these shoes have grown on me even if they may be objectively ugly.

Another thing is I just haven't got the patience for ebay since I can't return these.

SCL

Dec 23, 2005
I tried this style in black... On one hand...pretty comfortable... One the other hand...I felt like I was wearing a sandal version of a ski boot... Ended up sending them back... I LOVE the Chloe shoes this season...but actually find the higher heels to be more wearable than the shorter versions...

natalia88

Feb 17, 2008
I love these shoes! I think they're so interesting and different and love the thick straps opposed to thin straps that are everywhere!!! :smile:

flower71

flower71
O.G.
Nov 1, 2007
Europe
i just don't know what to say ...need to see them worn IRL to have an opinion...i guess i'm getting used to the style after a few months of doubt!