chloe paraty or givenchy nightingale

Sep 27, 2007
ladies,

I need your expert opinion! I'm looking to get a work bag and have narrowed down my search to a chloe paraty in black python in medium size and a givenchy nightingale in black in medium size too but with undecided leather (will have to check the store in hk to see which leather/style they carry, i'm crossing my fingers for a croc-stamped or python stamped one in black).

Anyway, which one would you guys prefer? I need one thats roomy and can be thrown around without having to worry about scratches unlike my lambskin chanels (sad, but true).

I will be going to hk next week and if any of you gals are also looking to see the current price of a particular style in chloe or givenchy do let me know! will be more than happy to help! :smile:

looking forward to hearing your thoughts!! xx

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-04-30 at 9.54.37 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-04-30 at 9.54.37 AM.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,367
  • Screen shot 2010-04-30 at 9.56.22 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-04-30 at 9.56.22 AM.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,459
ladies,
I need one thats roomy and can be thrown around without having to worry about scratches unlike my lambskin chanels (sad, but true).

I agree with Mona and wouldn't want to use the python Paraty as a daily work-horse bag. Although I hear that the python is more resilient than expected, it still needs some babying as the scales can turn up with lots of handling. If you really like the Paraty style, I would recommend getting a calfskin Paraty in Black - now THAT I do think is a workhorse, although I don't think it will fit files and tons of paperwork in it. It is a workhorse in that it is durable and can take some beating up. You could always order the larger size calfskin Paraty, or a Paraty "tote," and I am sure that would satisfy the workhorse needs, fit a lot, and could take a tumble.

I think the Givenchy Nightingale is a beautiful bag and have considered buying one....but then I always remind myself...."But you want to get that Chloe so-and-so style so much more," so I never get it! Nightingale looks like it would be a good workhorse bag, but I would not recommend getting any bag in an exotic skin if you were going to be a little rough with it once and a while.

They are both gorgeous bags, there is no question there.

I agree with Mona and wouldn't want to use the python Paraty as a daily work-horse bag. Although I hear that the python is more resilient than expected, it still needs some babying as the scales can turn up with lots of handling. If you really like the Paraty style, I would recommend getting a calfskin Paraty in Black - now THAT I do think is a workhorse, although I don't think it will fit files and tons of paperwork in it. It is a workhorse in that it is durable and can take some beating up. You could always order the larger size calfskin Paraty, or a Paraty "tote," and I am sure that would satisfy the workhorse needs, fit a lot, and could take a tumble.

I think the Givenchy Nightingale is a beautiful bag and have considered buying one....but then I always remind myself...."But you want to get that Chloe so-and-so style so much more," so I never get it! Nightingale looks like it would be a good workhorse bag, but I would not recommend getting any bag in an exotic skin if you were going to be a little rough with it once and a while.

They are both gorgeous bags, there is no question there.

I'm biased because I love my Paraty tote and am not that into the Nightingale. So, I say the Paraty. The tote comes in python this spring/summer (see a yummy example in the accessories lookbook). The tote holds tons of files and other stuff.

LOL - so funny that you post this and are going to HK - i faced this exact dilemma in HK earlier this month at ap lei chau (the outlet stores), choosing between a black nightingale @ 50% off and a paraty @ something like 70% off! (this was a small bronze paraty though - i would've flipped out at finding a python at ap lei chau)

i ended up going w/ the nightingale just because i couldn't resist its smooshy soft rumply lambskin leather (slight sheen to it, but not patent) - it's so light and easily tote-able and has this rock star edge to it that i adore. (party bc of the zipper in the long strap, i think - kind of alexander wang-ish) the paraty was a better deal, but i'm not in love w/ the bronze color and am kind of holding out for a big caramel-colored one if i do ever buy one. it was also pretty darn heavy even for the small one.

HOWEVER, were i to have the option of affording the python paraty, i don't know how i could resist that. not specifically as a work bag - the snakeskin seems too flaky/delicate for that (i've fondled it in stores) but just as an AMAZING drop dead gorgeous in general bag.

that said, the givenchy's light, easy, stunning and probably much more suitable for work esp. if you get patent.

clearly, what i'm trying to communicate here is *coughcough getboth cough*

omg, i had no idea these bags go for so cheap in HK! where are these outlet stores? I'm going to get my cousin to check them out for me. *drool*

If you can get both at a steal in HK, I say go for BOTH!

Last edited: