Chloe Paraty or Balenciaga Giant Part-time??

materialgurl

in a material world
O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
I didn't want to post this in the chloe or balenciaga forum because.. well I'm sure people would be a little biased!

I really wanted a shoulder bag and these are the 2 bags i would be interested in buying. They are completely different styles... I know. But I will only purchase one... I am very torn! At first I decided for sure the Paraty but then I saw the Part-time at holts last week and I like that one too! My bf voted for the Balenciaga... what do you guys think??

TIA!

Well I am an absolute Chloe fan and LOVE my paraty bag....I love the fact that it could be held with the long shoulder strap or handheld with the handles.

One of the only Bal Bags I like is the Part-Time....

Between the two I think the Paraty is a little more dressy in a funky way...it can easily take you from day to dinner out at night. I feel the part-time is a little more casual and day time'ish

I was debating between the same 2 bags!

I'm definitely leaning towards the Balenciaga though. Personally I like having a shoulder bag that fits under my arm, and doesn't hang so low (since it ends up bumping around a lot).

Having owned both BAL and CHLOE... I have owned a PT, have NOT owned a Paraty. I'd buy the PT. Another thing to perhaps consider is RESALE values on both. It has been my finding that my older BALS held their value better than my older Chloes.

I've had both. Still have my pt. Sold the paraty's. To be honest, I really love both bags!

The paraty does hang down much longer than the pt using the shoulder strap.

I believe the pt would hold its value better. I don't think you could go wrong with either bag. What color are you interested in? That would help me to pick which bag.

I own a giant pt which i love and totally recommend. Funny thing I had a similar dilemma - I was considering buying a paraty and almost went through with it but ended up buying a giant city instead. I just think the bal will be a bag ill use more and use for much longer than the paraty ( I own other chloe's) The only paraty id go for over a pt would be the grey python - but the price point is also a lot more expensive on that one. Also Ive noticed the leather on the paraty seems to scratch easily (paraty owners please correct me if im wrong) so for me the pt seems more functional as I hate to have to baby my bags - especially one that I would want to use everyday. They are both great bags so goodluck!

OK so I went to holts just now.. and I think the bal was sold!!!! ACKK thats what i hate about vancouver!!!! We have only one freakin store that carries luxury goods... and once a bag gets sold.. that's it!!!!!

I think im leaning towards the bal to be honest... hopefully i can get it in the states

I replaced my calfskin Paraty (which does scratch easily) with the lambskin paraty with front pocket. The lambskin is very luxurious looking and feeling....

OK so I went to holts just now.. and I think the bal was sold!!!! ACKK thats what i hate about vancouver!!!! We have only one freakin store that carries luxury goods... and once a bag gets sold.. that's it!!!!!

I think im leaning towards the bal to be honest... hopefully i can get it in the states

Oh you're from Vancouver as well?

I know what you mean though! The selection of the various brands is so poor at our Holts.