Chloe Paddington is # 3 on top ten list for "It" bags

Wow, I've owned a lot of them over the course of the last few years.

The Paddingtons have stuck with me - they are still my favorite and used almost every day!!

I still have one Balenciaga City and don't use it like I should - I am holding onto it until Spring to see if I will use it more then (it's blue).

Very interesting...

Although, personally, I wouldn't classify the Hermes Birkin and Chanel 2.55 as 'it' bags; as they were first created well before the term 'it bag' was coined.

I also feel that the bag that caused the term to be coined, in the first place, should definitely be mentioned in a top ten of 'it bags', which I believe was the Fendi Baguette, wasn't it?

I don't think I would have included the Prada Gauffre in a top ten list, either, as I'm sure there have been far bigger selling/more in-demand bags than that (a few other Chloes, like the Bracelet Bag, Silverado and Edith spring to mind, for example. Or, as others have mentioned, the JC Ramona).

I don't seem to really do 'it' bags very much, myself, I only own one bag on this list and even that is a variation on the original (a fishscale Mini Novak with Dragon Clasp). :smile:

Very interesting...

Although, personally, I wouldn't classify the Hermes Birkin and Chanel 2.55 as 'it' bags; as they were first created well before the term 'it bag' was coined.

I also feel that the bag that caused the term to be coined, in the first place, should definitely be mentioned in a top ten of 'it bags', which I believe was the Fendi Baguette, wasn't it?

I don't think I would have included the Prada Gauffre in a top ten list, either, as I'm sure there have been far bigger selling/more in-demand bags than that (a few other Chloes, like the Bracelet Bag, Silverado and Edith spring to mind, for example. Or, as others have mentioned, the JC Ramona).

I don't seem to really do 'it' bags very much, myself, I only own one bag on this list and even that is a variation on the original (a fishscale Mini Novak with Dragon Clasp). :smile:

Some good points CHB. The article states that the bags were judged from past seasons to present...what does that mean? How far back in seasons? What's the weighted emphasis on THIS season, KWIM. Too ambiguous?:confused1:

^ Thanks, susie! :flowers:

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. :yes:

Whenever there are lists like this, they always seem to be weighted towards more modern items. For example, whenever they do a 'Best movies of all-time.' type list, they invariably include a ton of films from the last couple of years and forget some of the older, better, films, don't they? :shrugs: