Chloe paddington for formal occassions?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi girls! I was thinking of getting a paddington to use as a "nice" bag. I'd probably take it out to nicer lunches/dinners or events, but I'm having mixed feelings about how it looks.

What do you think? Would you take your paddington to, say, a nice wedding or restaurant? Or do you think it's more casual and appropriate for a shopping day?

I'm eyeing the white/cream/gray hued paddies. I've never owned one, and I'm trying to justify to myself why I should make the purchase! :P I told myself that I wouldn't get one until I "needed" another purse (ha!), so maybe this is my chance...

TIA! :heart:

2. I took my now-sold whiskey paddington to my sorority's formal last year. It worked out well! I do think that it can be worn for formal occasions.

3. I would take a Chloe paddington to formal events, I think it would work nicely. And a white coloured one would look great! :biggrin: I took a mini blanc paddy to my graduation ceremony and out for dinner afterwards.

I even took my paddy clutch to my own wedding haha! It was a clutch so a little different, but it was nice having it there.;) You can see it in the corner of this pic, I love this shot!

[​IMG]

4. I think the paddington is versatile enough to be used for special occasions. I have taken mine to a wedding. They can be dressed up more than say a silverado or betty, which seem to be more casual styles.

5. I wouldn't take a paddy to a wedding - but then again - I'm weird!

6. the satchel itself is not a formal looking bag. No i would not take mine to a wedding. But i would take my small paddy clutch instead (same as qwertys).

7. I took my nuage baby paddington to a wedding that was outdoors and sort of a casual affair but I wouldn't take it to a really formal wedding or take a regular sized one because I just don't see it as a really formal bag and I prefer smaller bags with just a few things in it not a big bag with all my everyday items when going out to things like weddings.
    I'd take it out for dinner etc though.

8. Pretty picture!! Love it! Maybe I'll do a Paddy clutch...hmm...Wish I could buy one of every size haha.

9. i took my vermillon baby paddy to a wedding last year :smile:

10. I wouldn't bring my light brown paddington to a black tie event or a sit down dinner (inclusive of wedding dinners) but I bring it to work all the time (goes very well with a black shift dress and heels - I have to dress up for work). I pondered for half a year before I got the paddy. After I got it, the weight was annoying and I deliberated selling it but each time I touch the smooshy leather, I just couldn't bring myself to sell it. So I just resign myself it being a gorgeous gorgeous bag that I can only use once a week :smile:

qwerty234: that's a lovely shot :smile:

11. #11 Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
    If I had a Paddy, I don't think I'd take it to a wedding, personally, no - as I have quite a lot of, what I feel are, far more appropriate clutches I could use, instead.

At the moment, for example, of my Chloes, I'd probably tend to take my Elsie clutch, I think?

Even if I had a Paddy clutch, I don't think I'd choose to use that at a wedding, either, as even though it's a clutch, I think that, once again, it's quite a casual style.

I'd definitely take a Paddy to lunch at a nice restaurant, though, but I'm not sure I'd take it to dinner(?) and I definitely wouldn't take it to formal evening events, personally.

I probably would take a Paddy clutch to dinner at a nice restaurant, though - although, again, I wouldn't take it to formal evening events (although, more casual ones would be fine!).

Having said all that, I wouldn't have a problem with others who did, at all, because I really don't believe in hard and fast rules; it should be whatever you feel happy with.

Part of the reason I think I'm quite fussy about what I would, or wouldn't, carry myself, is that I tend to wear fairly casual, comfortable clothes and footwear (long tops, leggings, shawls/cardigans and LFA Uggs, mostly!) whenever possible, so I tend to use bags and jewellery to dress it up, particularly in the evening.

I will happily walk into a nice restaurant (much to the horror of certain older patrons, I'm sure!), in the evening, wearing the aforementioned uggs and leggings, with a nice clutch and jewellery; so I can hardly complain if someone else chooses to do the opposite and walks in wearing a dress and heels, with a Paddy and little, or no, jewellery, can I?! :biggrin:

12. I consider the Paddy to be less formal, so wouldn't take it to a wedding or other such event. However, I have taken my Gemma to a wedding.

13. chloehandbags is right, it definitely depends on your personal style! :yes:

personally, i LOVE taking a baby paddy to an event like a wedding dinner! :heart: anything too delicate and sequinny or feminine etc is just "not me". i wear very simple dresses and the highest heels i can find, and i love the simple yet lush look of a baby paddy to go along.

that said, i definitely won't take a regular sized paddy to a formal event.

14. I wouldn't bring the bag to the weeding either, But I would definately take the paddy clutch , a small bag with small lock.

By the way, I will bring something girly and match my gown

I can bring to anywhere but not in the weeding...

15. Would maybe take baby paddy or paddy clutch to a casual/low key wedding but not to a formal wedding, def wouldn't take regular size to any wedding.