Chloe Paddington colour?

kiptrip

thebagstalker
O.G.
Feb 20, 2006
Here we go again. Please help me choose purseforumettes!

I want the Paddy either in Whiskey or Mousse, and just CAN'T decide. :wacko:

The whiskey I think will be timeless, but the Mousse would go fantastic with jeans and my new oakley shades haha. Also, Loganz posted a reddish coloured Paddy.. does anyone know what colour that is? It's gorgeous! :love:

Thanks everyone!

Do you have a pic of the reddish Paddy? It could be an older color. To answer your question between the whiskey and the Mousse...hmm...tough! If you want something that will go with everything and is more traditional go with the whiskey (it has red tones, at least in the Edith), but if you are looking for something fun and fresh, the Mousse is a good bet. Also, the lock on the Mousse is silver, while the lock on the whiskey is gold. So the mousse has little contrast. But it would be really cute with jeans. I was thinking about it for the large pocket bag. :biggrin:

ETenebris said:
Do you have a pic of the reddish Paddy? It could be an older color.

Thanks for the reply ETenebris! This is the link to Loganz paddy (scroll down til you see the images): http://www.purseforum.com/chloe/paddington-locks-3466-2.html
Perhaps it's the reflection of the light in the photo I'm not sure, but it sure looks beautiful. :love:

ETenebris said:
Also, the lock on the Mousse is silver, while the lock on the whiskey is gold. So the mousse has little contrast. But it would be really cute with jeans. I was thinking about it for the large pocket bag. :biggrin:

It would looks gorgeous with jeans! That's why it's so difficult. Sigh. I'm thinking I should just be traditional and stick to the whiskey. It's hard to find bags that look good in that colour anyway!

The large pocket bag is really nice. I'd get that instead but I think the original is already pushing my budget! ;)

kiptrip said:
Thanks for the reply ETenebris! This is the link to Loganz paddy (scroll down til you see the images): http://www.purseforum.com/chloe/paddington-locks-3466-2.html
Perhaps it's the reflection of the light in the photo I'm not sure, but it sure looks beautiful. :love:

It would looks gorgeous with jeans! That's why it's so difficult. Sigh. I'm thinking I should just be traditional and stick to the whiskey. It's hard to find bags that look good in that colour anyway!

The large pocket bag is really nice. I'd get that instead but I think the original is already pushing my budget! ;)

That has to be a metallic bag. There are some on LVR, and one that looks similar to this color but a bit lighter, but I don't know the name. The color is gorgeous (and I usually hate metallics)! Good luck!

Thats the anthracite (I have the same bag) its a metallic gunmetal color but pics up different colored reflections depending on the surroundings. Heres some more (crappy) pics with the flash on:

Attachments

• P3030176.JPG
    P3030176.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 192
  • P3030177.JPG
    P3030177.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 178
Twinklette said:
Is it the rouge paddy? I think that's the name of it. Nicole Richie has that color bag. Gorgeous color.
I don't think it is, because it looks more metallic in colour than that! I think nawth21 is right, and it was probably just the reflection of light that made it that colour.

Thanks for all your help. I think I will settle for the Whiskey, it's classic and I'm sure it'll last me a long time, making it more worth going over my budget!

One last thing, does anyone know if it's just the silver/ anthracite bags that they've made lighter (both lock and leather)? Has the Whiskey been made lighter too?

Thanks, you're all fabulous!

kiptrip said:
Ah! Loganz replied. It's the Anthracite :smile: It has purple undertones that show up in sunlight. Is that true nawth21?

Oooh, I feel torn again.

It hasnt been sunny here for quite some while :sad2: But I do see flashes of a purply undertone. It almost reminds me of an oil slick, but without the obvious rainbow. Gosh its hard to explain. And they must be the lighter leather/lock because it doesn't feel heavy to me at all, but I have never handled an older paddy. I did hold a new whiskey and it felt light as well.

kiptrip said:

Are you buying from the U.S.? LVR has great prices and they have the mousse in the Paddy and the Pocket.

ETenebris said:
Are you buying from the U.S.? LVR has great prices and they have the mousse in the Paddy and the Pocket.
They have fantastic prices! I'm ordering to Singapore actually, and the fact that it's tax free makes such a huge difference.. just hope customs here doesn't slap it on though! :shame:

OK I've narrowed it down to the Whiskey or the Taupe. I really wish there were more images of the Taupe, it's hard to get a grasp of what colour it is when you haven't seen it in real life. :suspiciou

nawth21 said:
It hasnt been sunny here for quite some while :sad2: But I do see flashes of a purply undertone. It almost reminds me of an oil slick, but without the obvious rainbow. Gosh its hard to explain. And they must be the lighter leather/lock because it doesn't feel heavy to me at all, but I have never handled an older paddy. I did hold a new whiskey and it felt light as well.

No worries nawth21, I get what you're saying! I've decided not to go for the Anthracite though, I feel like having a non-metallic Paddy. Now to decide amongst those colours! :Push:

Thank you all for your help! I've finally decided (TWO WEEKS LATER! :Push: ) to order the Taupe from LVR! It's on preorder though so I'm not sure when it'll ship. It's hard to contain my excitement though!

Thanks again for all your help, Etenebris, Twinklette and nawth!!

kiptrip said:
Thank you all for your help! I've finally decided (TWO WEEKS LATER! :Push: ) to order the Taupe from LVR! It's on preorder though so I'm not sure when it'll ship. It's hard to contain my excitement though!

Thanks again for all your help, Etenebris, Twinklette and nawth!!

You're welcome! I ordered the big pocket Paddy tonight in mousse. It's in stock, so hopefully it will arrive next week! SO EXCITING! I will post pics for everyone...and please post yours if you can when it arrives!

ETenebris said:
You're welcome! I ordered the big pocket Paddy tonight in mousse. It's in stock, so hopefully it will arrive next week! SO EXCITING! I will post pics for everyone...and please post yours if you can when it arrives!

Wow! I'm not a huge fan of the Mousse original Paddy now that I've seen Roz's ebay photos, but that colour suits the pocket one really well. :love: Can't wait to see it. Did you order it from LVR? Was it already in stock?

Mine is still on preorder, and as far as I know, hasn't been shipped yet. I'm getting really impatient (and I only ordered it yesterday), I wannit now!! :suspiciou

Here's to hoping LVR sends us bags in perfect condition.