Which Bag?

• Chloé Aby Croc. Medium - Calfskin

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Louis Vuitton Alma BB - Coated Canvas

Votes: 46 80.7%

• Total voters
May 17, 2020
I’m undecided between the two bags!
I am looking for an everyday bag between the two- something that will last me awhile, which would you guys recommend?

I like the Chloé Aby Croc Embossed Medium bag because of the size and also it’s not something that I see everyone carrying- downside is that it is over $2500 CAD and does look a little heavy.

The Louis Vuitton Alma BB bag is slightly cheaper at $2000 CAD but it is also smaller. But I do like that it appears to be lightweight.

Attachments

May 25, 2014
Chloe is a brand that does not retain its value and their bags go on sale at the end of every season. If you really like the bag you could probably wait and get it at 30-50% off. Personally I would pick the alma bb as it’s a classic style that has been around and will be around for a long time.

KimTX

Mar 19, 2013
Is the Chloe small like the BB or is that photo with the model showing the actual size of the Chloe your are comparing? I ask bc Almas come in larger sizes, so perhaps you showed a large Chloe.

I would not choose the large Chloe bag (if that's truly what you meant) as an every day bag. If you want a slightly larger bag than the BB, how about the Alma PM?

Mimmy

Grateful for the little things
Jul 11, 2013
I would probably buy the Alma bb. The Chloe is a beautiful bag but will probably not stand the test of time. If you really like the Chloe I think that it will go on sale. It’s on sale in the US now.

Reactions: theprettymiss

pinky7129

O.G.
Feb 19, 2007
NY
LV over chloe any day.

That isn’t to say that i don’t own chloe, but the quality is meh. I’ve had bags where the stitching has come undone within days.

Have you considered other brands?

Reactions: Love_N_Lune

Irishgrrrl

Bag Lady
O.G.
Nov 26, 2008
When you ask us, you’ll get mostly “get the Alma” replies. But I bet if you ask in the Chloe forum, you’ll get the opposite response. :lol:

But being as impartial as I can be, I think they’re two very different bags and it really depends on how you want to use it. The Chloe will carry more, but the LV will be more lightweight. For me, it would be the Alma for sure.

HKsai

Jul 24, 2016
I don’t mind Chloe but my honest self would say any Chloe other than that one. Not to mention I would only get Chloe when they go on sale...which is all the time.

Reactions: Love_N_Lune
Jul 20, 2009
Chloe looks great and don’t see too many on the streets unlike LV Alma is more of a recognized bag. Good luck deciding.