Chloe on Sale at Net a Porter!

NAP includes duties in the price of the bag so the value doesn't matter!

I think that's where this whole duties thing started! I was trying to say that if you buy from the right site and select your actual location, in most cases, NAP shows the price inclusive of duties and taxes. Someone was asking if you could buy from the US site because it looks cheaper. So, I was suggesting that it may look cheaper because it's not including the duties and taxes for your specific country in the price - and they'd need to be paid when the bag hits customs etc.... Then it all depends on your country's declaration limits etc..... All rather confusing!!! :confused1:

If you select "Australia" on the UK site, it takes off the VAT, but then we have to pay customs duty when it arrives in Australia, if it's valued over AU$1000.

I'm guessing if Aussies order from the US site, we still pay what we see, and then add customs duty if over $1000.

I *believe* NAP puts the purchase price as the decalred value on the customs form (NOT including postage).

In the past tpfers have taken their credit card bill to show dhl how much the item cost in AUD.

Hilton (no relation to Paris, I hope! :nuts:) I've read the NAP prices for NZ customers actually includes your customs tax, so what you see is all you pay. No nasty surprises when it arrives in NZ. :tup:

Hilton (no relation to Paris, I hope! :nuts:) I've read the NAP prices for NZ customers actually includes your customs tax, so what you see is all you pay. No nasty surprises when it arrives in NZ. :tup:

Nope, no relation!!! It's my cat's name, and he got awfully upset when Paris came along and sullied his reputation!! Yup, that's what I like about it, I know what I'm paying - that's why I'd rather buy that way, than risk buying off the US site.... I'd love to know if any NZers have done it the other way though in case it's worked out cheaper!! So hard just to buy a handbag!!!!

Nope, no relation!!! It's my cat's name, and he got awfully upset when Paris came along and sullied his reputation!! Yup, that's what I like about it, I know what I'm paying - that's why I'd rather buy that way, than risk buying off the US site.... I'd love to know if any NZers have done it the other way though in case it's worked out cheaper!! So hard just to buy a handbag!!!!

I know what you mean. ;) Good luck in your search for the perfect Paddy! :tup:

Did anyone receive their gray paddington from NAP yet? Although I chose next day, they shipped it ground so I am still waiting for it :tdown:I am just curious to see the color IRL! If you already received yours...please post!!!