Chloe Mini Marcie or Proenza Schouler WOC

Which bag would you choose for a commute?

• Chloe Mini Marcie

• PS1 WOC

Results are only viewable after voting.

mdmd

O.G.
Sep 16, 2007
Hi ladies,

I need/want a crossbody bag that I can carry some essentials to/from work--a small wallet, phone, and keys. I take a train (public transportation) that goes through some rough areas (I saw a woman get her purse snatched the other day...luckily recovered it after someone tripped the thief and he dropped the bag :amazed:), so I'd like something that is high quality but discreet.

I've narrowed it down to these two. I'd say the PS1 WOC has a younger, trendier vibe to it and the Chloe Mini Marcie is more of a classic look. They are so completely different but I am torn. If any of you ladies have both, could you comment on what makes one better than the other? Versatility (day to night)? Comfort? Ease of use?

Thanks so much! :smile:

Attachments

• 454118_in_xs.jpg
    454118_in_xs.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 303
  • 1111135803_RLLA_1.jpg
    1111135803_RLLA_1.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 295
I wouldn't carry either of these in an area such as you describe. I'd think you'd want to be more 'invisible', not attracting attention. My solution would be to carry my essentials to work in a thrift tote and save the nice bag for days off or evenings away from work. I've got a few friends in NYC who have to do this.

I've debated this with myself as well, India. As it is, I carry my laptop in a rucksack but don't feel comfortable placing my phone and wallet behind me so need something I can place crossbody. I carried a Marc Jacobs Natasha for awhile but it's just too big and heavy. Totes are also too heavy as a carryall for one shoulder with a laptop.

The area is rough but not totally sketchy and I ride during commuter hours so usually busy with commuters...the mugging was an exception to the norm...but I still want to be careful. I do see women with LV frequently and figure Chloe and PS are less noticeable as brand name designers by the average opportunists. Or am I just kidding myself?

I've debated this with myself as well, India. As it is, I carry my laptop in a rucksack but don't feel comfortable placing my phone and wallet behind me so need something I can place crossbody. I carried a Marc Jacobs Natasha for awhile but it's just too big and heavy. Totes are also too heavy as a carryall for one shoulder with a laptop.

The area is rough but not totally sketchy and I ride during commuter hours so usually busy with commuters...the mugging was an exception to the norm...but I still want to be careful. I do see women with LV frequently and figure Chloe and PS are less noticeable as brand name designers by the average opportunists. Or am I just kidding myself?
Well, those are good thoughts ... I had another friend who had her car broken into and purse taken, and the purse was found chucked aside some distance away, emptied. And it was a Bottega Veneta. So - I'm not sure thieves are looking at the brand, but thinking about the goods inside the bag. :smile:

Oh, PS1, by the way - I think it would do exactly what you're looking for, be lighter weight, with less hardware. And it continues to be so darn cool!

I have the mini Marcie but haven't worn it much since I bought it. The bottom drives me crazy since the strap goes round the bottom & makes it bunch up. I'd def buy the PS.

I went to look at both in B&M stores this week and decided on the Chloe. While the PS1 is super cute as a wallet or clutch, I wasn't a fan of the chain (not like the Chanel WOCs where the interweaved leather makes it less clunky). And the Chloe leather just seems much more durable. I want to use this as a day-to-day bag and the PS1's leather seems like it would require too much TLC.

Thanks for everyone's input! Excited for my Marcie to get here! :smile::smile: