Chloe Marcie- small, medium or large?

smartandfab

Oct 15, 2009
I am happy to report that my husby got me a beautiful Marcie bag in tan that I have been lusting after for my birthday last night! It has a shoulder strap and I love love LOVE it! But of course, I am debating exchanging it. I've tried to find some modeling pics, but haven't found anything that really applies yet... I am trying to figure out:

1) what size is the marcie I received? the tag says "size: TU" It isnt a small bag so I cant figure out whether its a large or a medium? I also dont know if it looks okay crossbody (I really want a crossbody bag)

2) If it is the large, should I exchange for a medium? I dont need a huge bag (I have a lot of bigggg bags) so want something that will be lighter and a more management size for running around the city. can the medium be worn cross body? thoughts?

3) color: I wanted tan and I LOVE it, but now am debating exchanging for nut or ash? anyone have thoughts?

If you have modeling pics, I would love to see them! Thanks ladies!

I'm no help because I love all of the Marcie styles. However, I'm ordering the Marcie crossbody in nut tomorrow. I really need one. There isn't a modeling pic for that color, but are a couple on here for the size. Also Net a Porter has a couple of shots. As far as I know, only the small and medium satchels have the crossbody strap.

I'm no help because I love all of the Marcie styles. However, I'm ordering the Marcie crossbody in nut tomorrow. I really need one. There isn't a modeling pic for that color, but are a couple on here for the size. Also Net a Porter has a couple of shots. As far as I know, only the small and medium satchels have the crossbody strap.

Yeah, I am beginning to think that I can't really go wrong with any of these... Perhaps I will go to Bloomies tomm and see if they have the Ash and if I like that color better exchange it otherwise just keep the Tan. (I think Nut may be too light for me? I have a YSL Nude Muse and a Gucci Boston in nude guccissima, so may be too similar of a color family... hmmm) Thanks!

I have the small/medium in both ash and nut. I have photos of them together in the "my Marcie Ash" thread so you can see them both together. The size I have is the only one with the cross body strap. I have used the strap and I'm not usually a cross body girl. I'm 5'3 and petite so there is no way I would have been happy with the large.

I am happy to report that my husby got me a beautiful Marcie bag in tan that I have been lusting after for my birthday last night! It has a shoulder strap and I love love LOVE it! But of course, I am debating exchanging it. I've tried to find some modeling pics, but haven't found anything that really applies yet... I am trying to figure out:

1) what size is the marcie I received? the tag says "size: TU" It isnt a small bag so I cant figure out whether its a large or a medium? I also dont know if it looks okay crossbody (I really want a crossbody bag)

2) If it is the large, should I exchange for a medium? I dont need a huge bag (I have a lot of bigggg bags) so want something that will be lighter and a more management size for running around the city. can the medium be worn cross body? thoughts?

3) color: I wanted tan and I LOVE it, but now am debating exchanging for nut or ash? anyone have thoughts?

If you have modeling pics, I would love to see them! Thanks ladies!

Do you have the measurements of your new lovely Marcie? I've been researching small, med & large (with and without cross body strap). I'm scratching my head :huh: as it's a bit confusing and unfortunately, I cannot try on all sizes locally...they just don't have them all ! There are some variations I think depending on braiding, details, strap, no strap, suede etc.

Hey, I've spent so much time here on tPF recently but I think I'm making progress. Thank you to various members who have given me their input via other threads. I should write in this thread because I'm trying to stick to the topic of Marcie bags right now.

Ok, the reason why the "small" black Marcie w/x-body strap at Holts is the costliest is because it's the Animation Marcie. I do recall, it had the extra pocket in front and extra details on it. Here is a similar Marcie w/o strap:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/chloe-m...232261?origin=PredictiveSearch&resultback=114

More or less, it seems like the small Marcie & the med Marcie are just about the same size anyway...only 1/2" - 1" variation in width. As soon as the x-body strap is included, it's referred to as "small" but otherwise, it's more of a double top handled top zip tote, then it's called MED although its dimensions are so close. I recall that the small black animation Marcie felt very, very nice in my hands...I LOVE the Marcie top handles! I just was not expecting to get a smallish version which is more structured with a stiffer look to it. I guess that's why the large Marcie makes such an impact on me (and others). It is such a substantial tote and I want it to slouch/hang because I have no intention of stuffing it full, kwim? I have HOPE now :yes:

I suppose it's possible for me to still pursue 2 med Marcies (1 w/o x-body strap like a tote; 1 w/x-body strap) but now I don't feel like the med size is such an elusive mystery bag. I could/should buy 1 sm/med size and 1 large and then I'd feel like I covered all the bases (except for all the gorgeous colours, of course).

Nordstrom has a pretty awesome selection right now and we, in Vancouver, tend to get very similar stock (between Holts & The Bay). I have hope! (Acquisition situation isn't perfect right now though because I was now leaning towards the large black Marcie & the *small* black animation Marcie w/strap but I don't think I should get both in black...no, I've got to wait anyway and see what else pops up).

Having said all this, the dark brown suede Med Marcie on NAP is looking pretty darn good right now :nuts: (as is 2 med Paraty bags at Nordstrom...please, I hope we get similar stock up here).

I think I've read both tags online for this picture (med & large). I honestly cannot always tell !?

I'm sure Jessica Alba is carrying the large as is Ellen Pompeo & Katie Holmes with her pyton hobo Marcie. Rachel Bilson is carrying the med tan Marcie I think...Anne Hathaway, the med black Marcie as is Anna Paquin.

Sometimes the med Marcie looks pretty darn big already but other times, it looks like a (small) purse. Purselike is smaller than the average med satchel or handbag, I think.

Emma_Stone_Chloe_Marcie.jpg

Gee, I thought I understood the difference here but I was just noticing the measurements quoted on Selfridges website.

They state 39 cm x 40 cm for both Large & Med, so I know there is a mistake there but the prices differ between Large & Med (as per Selfridges website).

Only thing is, when I convert this, it's pretty much 15" x 15.7" ... hmmm? I mean this sounds good to me, like it's a slightly bigger Med but not as XL as the Large.

Do they get different sizes in Europe than NA perhaps? For the most part, the med is 11" x 14" on USA sites (the odd time, it's quoted as smaller but that might be a mistake like on the Saks site for the Skin small Marcie bags).

Any ideas? 15 x 15 is great by me! :P

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/chloe-m...18787?origin=PredictiveSearch&resultback=1368

Oooh! This seems like a "new" colour for the Marice (for me anyway). It's says Grey here on the Nordstrom website but it does not look like Ash and it does not look like Ebano either.

If I'm not mistaken, this grey-ish brown reminds me of the Rock (Paraty). Of course, I'm only looking at my monitor but...gee, I like this very much!

I was truly searching for the full Med Marcie (strapless) and maybe later, a Large Marcie but...hmmm, the extra removable strap is not a bad thing at all.

I struggled with the same decision too... I ended up going with the small. I think I decided that the large was too large (I'm 5'4") and since the medium and the small are similar in size but the small has a shoulder strap, that the small was the best option for me. With 2 young kids, I feel like I need the option of the shoulder strap.

My dd has a medium Black Marcie (no strap) and the size is perfect on her. She's approximate - 5'6" maybe 5'5". I'll post a mod pic. Today. I have admired this bag on her for two months now and am going to order the Medium Marcie in Nut today. It will be my first Marcie. I'm about 5'71/2."

My dd has a medium Black Marcie (no strap) and the size is perfect on her. She's approximate - 5'6" maybe 5'5". I'll post a mod pic. Today. I have admired this bag on her for two months now and am going to order the Medium Marcie in Nut today. It will be my first Marcie. I'm about 5'71/2."

Can't wait to see your modelling pics! The more the better...even though I just got the Small and I'm pleased as punch, I still wouldn't mind trying a Med Marcie one day.

I just purchased Chloe Marcie in Medium off Bluefly. I am not sure what season, but the color says light grey. It is a beautiful bag. But I cannot help but wonder if I would prefer a current season bag and if I would prefer a medium or a large. The medium fits well on me. I am only 5'2" so the Medium is definitely the right size for me. However, I just feel like the Large would be such a great all the time bag. Any thoughts?