Chloe Marcie - Medium - is this being discontinued??

Dec 31, 2008
HI there,
I've noticed a couple of online outlets selling mediium Marcie's at reasonably discounted prices... so it got me thinking....
Is the Marcie going the same way as the Paraty did before her?
Please can someone put me out of my misery? I sincerely hope not!
MFD xx

Last year my sister bought a black Chloe Faye from Costco (TJMaxx was carrying them too). I thought this meant the bag was discounted but it’s still available on Chloe website. I don’t understand how Chloe allows that!

I'm not sure but a few months after I got a Marcie, I saw it on the TJ Maxx website and almost had a heart attack. I suspect that because they make new bags every year (based on the serial numbers in the bag, which include the year of manufacture) that maybe at a certain point they offload excess inventory from that year to discounters? They also do seasonal colors that get marked down. This was a few years ago and Marcie is still going strong and is in their "Chloe Classics" section of the website, for whatever that's worth.

I'm not sure but a few months after I got a Marcie, I saw it on the TJ Maxx website and almost had a heart attack. I suspect that because they make new bags every year (based on the serial numbers in the bag, which include the year of manufacture) that maybe at a certain point they offload excess inventory from that year to discounters? They also do seasonal colors that get marked down. This was a few years ago and Marcie is still going strong and is in their "Chloe Classics" section of the website, for whatever that's worth.
It could be the serial numbers indeed. My sister got a black Faye so the color can’t get more classic! And the Faye seems to also have become a permanent line for now

Thanks - that does make sense. I already have a Marcie medium which I bought well below RRP in any case. But I've yet to carry it and I panicked there for a moment that by the time I do, the bag will be passe....
:smile: