Chloe marcie hologram mark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couture_CL

Bags! Bags! Bags!
Jul 25, 2008
Hey guys -

Sorry if I'm re-posting this here in the general forum but I'm a little desperate because I just received a Gray Chloe Marcie that I purchased from ebay and I believe it might be a counterfeit bag, I posted in the Authentication thread also but I'm not sure if there are any authenticator around to confirm this today.

I think there are enough Marcie owner here that might be able to help me out, the bag I received, what concerns me the most is the hologram sticker:

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm by no means an expert but for whatever it's worth, I did check my marcie (med hobo/python) that I purchased from LV boutique and my hologram looks different. It has the Chloe name and only a 6 digit number. Also, it's more centered on the tag and the Chloe name is sort of boxed in a less reflective color.

hopefully someone with more experience will comment. good luck

I'm by no means an expert but for whatever it's worth, I did check my marcie (med hobo/python) that I purchased from LV boutique and my hologram looks different. It has the Chloe name and only a 6 digit number. Also, it's more centered on the tag and the Chloe name is sort of boxed in a less reflective color.

hopefully someone with more experience will comment. good luck

kmrosko - Thanks so much for the response, and I really appreciate that you went to check on your bag!! I've actually just done some research myself online, and it looks like majority of the Marcie bag hologram should have Chloe name "boxed" and only a 6 digit code underneath it.

Anyone else can chime in also? Greatly appreciate it!

I have 2 Marcie satchels (1 large and 1 small/medium), both bought from the Chloe NY boutique, and both have the same hologram as kmrosko404 - Chloe name boxed and 6-digit code underneath.

I also am by no means a Chloe expert, but that looks completely different from my large Marcie and definitely off. I hate to say it, but I think your bag is counterfeit. The leather on yours looks very shiny, almost plastic-like, mine is very matte. Here are a few pics for reference:

Last edited by a moderator:
My small nut Marcie satchel purchased from NAP a couple of months ago has the same hologram lay out as the other ladies who have reported back on their bags ( hologram sticker with code of six assorted numbers & letters and the Chloe logo in a box). The code on the inner leather tag has one digit different to Scoobiesmomma's bag, but that difference could be down to our bags being a different size or style of Marcie perhaps.

Hope that helps and if you have been lumbered with a fake, I would advise contacting the seller/ eBay/Paypal asap.I know what a horrible feeling it is when you suspect you've been sold a counterfeit bag (unfortunately I've been in that situation myself). Hope everything works out ok for you in the end anyway.

Reactions: Talanzmom
^^ There is actually a 0 in front of the 1 on my tag. I just realized that.

I too have been the victim of an ebay fake and it's no fun. Luckily in my case the seller was very nice and refunded my money with no problems. Good Luck to you, I hope everything works out!

Thanks so much ladies for all your help! I've actually contacted fakespotters.com (online authenticator) earlier today as well and they also confirmed this is a fake. Urgh.

I wrote the seller and luckily she responded timely, said she will refund me once I shipped it back, but still insist that she doesn't sell fake.

At this point I just want my freaking money back, I'm 7 months pregnant I don't want to have to deal with these stress!!!!

Anyway, truely wanted to thank you all again for responding to this thread and checking all your hologram for me!

Thanks so much ladies for all your help! I've actually contacted fakespotters.com (online authenticator) earlier today as well and they also confirmed this is a fake. Urgh.

I wrote the seller and luckily she responded timely, said she will refund me once I shipped it back, but still insist that she doesn't sell fake.

At this point I just want my freaking money back, I'm 7 months pregnant I don't want to have to deal with these stress!!!!

Anyway, truely wanted to thank you all again for responding to this thread and checking all your hologram for me!

double post sorry - see below.

Last edited:
I hope you get your money back quickly. It's suprising how stressful this sort of thing can be, but if you paid via PayPal you should have no problems. I had a look at the photos on the listing and, in my opinion, the bag definitely looks like a fake too whatever the seller is claiming ( maybe he/she didn't know it was a fake - occasionally that does happen)

Do make sure you send the back bag via a trackable recorded mail service and take some photos of the bag ( and the packaging it was sent in if you still have it) before you send it back. You might also want to notify eBay/PayPal about this situation just in case the seller delays the refund. Good luck with the refund - let us know how you get on.

Your question belongs in the Authenticate This Chloe - please be patient and someone will answer you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.