Chloe International order from Selfridges

allove

Jul 8, 2012
Hey everyone, I have been doing some research to find the Chloe I want for a good price and so far the place to get it for the best price and in stock is from Selfridges. I am in California so I would need to order over the phone. I'm looking to buy the Marcie medium hobo in nut :smile:

Has anyone ever purchased anything from Selfridges and had it shipped to the US? If so, how much did customs charge you? TIA!!

GemsBerry

O.G.
Nov 10, 2011
Allove, I purchased Marcie crossbody in June from them. I called, they transferred me to another department, phone connection was terrible but I placed the order successfully. SA collected my cc data, then called me a couple of hours later to say it went through. Shipping was 65 pounds as far as I remember. They excluded UK sales tax from the price but added 1% for service (international phone order). They ship by DHL, it was very fast 4-day shipping (I'm in MD). There is downside though, most likely you will have to pay custom fee around 10%. I got a bill from DHL one week later. So you need to add it to the price.
I hope it helped:smile:

Hey everyone, I have been doing some research to find the Chloe I want for a good price and so far the place to get it for the best price and in stock is from Selfridges. I am in California so I would need to order over the phone. I'm looking to buy the Marcie medium hobo in nut :smile:

Has anyone ever purchased anything from Selfridges and had it shipped to the US? If so, how much did customs charge you? TIA!!

allove

Jul 8, 2012
Allove, I purchased Marcie crossbody in June from them. I called, they transferred me to another department, phone connection was terrible but I placed the order successfully. SA collected my cc data, then called me a couple of hours later to say it went through. Shipping was 65 pounds as far as I remember. They excluded UK sales tax from the price but added 1% for service (international phone order). They ship by DHL, it was very fast 4-day shipping (I'm in MD). There is downside though, most likely you will have to pay custom fee around 10%. I got a bill from DHL one week later. So you need to add it to the price.
I hope it helped:smile:

Thank you for the information! The one thing I am most afraid of is the custom fees because I feel like although I save some money purchasing from the UK, the amount of custom fees we are charged basically makes the price the same as purchasing from the US! Haha, I will get my Chloe from here than ;)

GemsBerry

O.G.
Nov 10, 2011
I basically saved around $100 in comparison to the price in US due to exchange rate, but another risk is returns. I loved my bag but just in case if you want to send it back, custom fees are not refundable and shipping to UK will be from your pocket. I ran the risk only because Selfridges carried the unique color that I couldn't get in US.