Chloe girls converting to Balenciaga because of tPF?

Too funny - I bought my first b-bag this morning. So comforting to know I am not alone. I went from MJ to Chloe and now B-bag - I shudder to think what may come next ....

Triplets05 said:
Audrey....what worries me is that our minds seem to be so alike. It started at the Prada forum with the darn antic line. Then it seems like we both drifted to Chloe, and now I think after Lordguinny's postings about the grenat chloe and comparing it to the grenat B-bag, we had to take a peek over there!!! Now I think I need one!!! My husband is in Chicago and I have already e-mailed him, begging him to stop in Barneys!! He is in shock because 3 weeks ago I couldn't live w/o the Prada, last week it was all about the perfect Chloe, and now I love these Balenciagas. I will stay true to this forum because you guys are so fun, but this madness has got to stop!!

This post made me laugh. It is very true. My first purse affair came 3 years ago and it began with Burberry. Thank Gucci...then Louis Vuitton. This past year I discovered Chloe (with the Edith)...then Ferragamo....then Balenciaga. I think for me I may like other styles (like Chanel Cavier Classic or Fendi bbag) but my love will remain with bags that have unique and amazing quality leather such as Chloe and Balenciaga. Aside from just having amazing leather both brands have distinct characteristics that brand them. Chloe has the lock and Balenciaga has the cute tassles. And both are so feminine!

The new Prada fall line is gorgeous, but when I went to the store I wasn't drawn to them. I'm not a fan of boxy purses so Hermes doesn't appeal to me either. For right now it is pretty much Chloe and Balenciaga for me. Chloe and Balenciaga share a lot of characteristics. They both offer vibrant, rich and deliciously deep colors. The leather is amazing, and the bags are "youthful" and chic. Both make me equally happy.:love:

And what two brands actually get better looking with use? I just love the way my paddington is getting smooshier and more vintage looking. In my opinion it is a classic.

Triplets05 said:
Audrey....what worries me is that our minds seem to be so alike. It started at the Prada forum with the darn antic line. Then it seems like we both drifted to Chloe, and now I think after Lordguinny's postings about the grenat chloe and comparing it to the grenat B-bag, we had to take a peek over there!!! Now I think I need one!!! My husband is in Chicago and I have already e-mailed him, begging him to stop in Barneys!! He is in shock because 3 weeks ago I couldn't live w/o the Prada, last week it was all about the perfect Chloe, and now I love these Balenciagas. I will stay true to this forum because you guys are so fun, but this madness has got to stop!!
Lol!! WE ARE SO ALIKE!! :roflmfao: I think it's funny that we even like the same exact bag styles and colors! We have really good taste! :tender:You know about 2-3 weeks ago I was going gaga over the Prada too.. I had a hard time between the gauffre satchel and the cervo satchel... and I went with the guaffre. Then I decided I wanted the cervo too! The prada forum is somewhat dead so I started to look around other sections. Most of the bags I saw didn't appeal to me. I'm not into Chanel or Gucci. Not into LV as much anymore... and when I saw Chloe bags I fell inlove! :love:

tPF makes it SO easy to find a new obsession. I just know that I'm going to find another one even after I get a BBag. I remember commenting on this thread in the LV forum with a title like "Are you true to LV?" and I think I will never be true to one designer. There are some things I love about Prada, some things I love about Chloe, some things I love about Balenciaga.. I think sticking to any one designer is too boring.

I should be going down to Balenciaga soon so I'll try to give you my opinions on the bordeaux and grenat bags! :yes:

lordguinny said:
This post made me laugh. It is very true. My first purse affair came 3 years ago and it began with Burberry. Thank Gucci...then Louis Vuitton. This past year I discovered Chloe (with the Edith)...then Ferragamo....then Balenciaga. I think for me I may like other styles (like Chanel Cavier Classic or Fendi bbag) but my love will remain with bags that have unique and amazing quality leather such as Chloe and Balenciaga. Aside from just having amazing leather both brands have distinct characteristics that brand them. Chloe has the lock and Balenciaga has the cute tassles. And both are so feminine!

The new Prada fall line is gorgeous, but when I went to the store I wasn't drawn to them. I'm not a fan of boxy purses so Hermes doesn't appeal to me either. For right now it is pretty much Chloe and Balenciaga for me. Chloe and Balenciaga share a lot of characteristics. They both offer vibrant, rich and deliciously deep colors. The leather is amazing, and the bags are "youthful" and chic. Both make me equally happy.:love:

And what two brands actually get better looking with use? I just love the way my paddington is getting smooshier and more vintage looking. In my opinion it is a classic.
I don't really like Hermes either. I think the reason I fell inlove with chloe was the unique look of the paddington. But it was that moment when I felt the leather that it really snapped. It's so amazing and totally different from my prada bags. I've seen a lot of Balenciaga and while I don't like the shape as much, I love the bright colors! I can't wait till I get to feel them! :tender:

Well, I just learned about tPF in May when I began admiring a friends Chole paddington is whisky. I bought my first chole in July then today.. I got a bbag in the mail..I love them both but I refuse to read any other forums on tPF because I can't afford to continue at this pace...until tomorrow when the chole trunk show comes to Seattle:yahoo:

Attachments

• CIMG1074.JPG
    CIMG1074.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 58
  • CIMG1078.JPG
    CIMG1078.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 43
tulemar said:
Well, I just learned about tPF in May when I began admiring a friends Chole paddington is whisky. I bought my first chole in July then today.. I got a bbag in the mail..I love them both but I refuse to read any other forums on tPF because I can't afford to continue at this pace...until tomorrow when the chole trunk show comes to Seattle:yahoo:

tulemar I love your bags!!! They're gorgeous! :heart: I can't wait to see what you get at the trunk show!

Ohhh Audrey you are now my eyes!!! I don't have access to any of these stores. Heck, you might need to hit Chloe again and check things out because I am so nrevous about not loving the nutmeg that is on its way!! Just kidding. Both Iluv2shop and I are awaiting the arrival of the muscade/nutmeg!

But seriously, check out these b-bags and report back! I will be anxiously awaiting.

I first found TPF because I am a Chloe lover, ventured into Balenciaga, but now think I really love the leather of Chloe more. That being said I am waiting for a Balenciaga blue-gray india. :nuts:
I cannot afford to enter into any other forums!

HAAAA! i keep bouncing around between LV (5 bags, i wallet, 2 keepalls), Fendi (4 bags, one belt, 2 boots), Balenciaga (3 bags) and Chloe (one paddy and a clutch!).. clearly... i have massive massive problems! LOL!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!! i'm such a bag whore i guess! heeeee (heeelp meee.. heee)

One of my friends told me about the purse forum and I would look around once in awhile, then I finally broke down and got an account. Now I can't seem to leave!

But I will admit I found out about the Balenciaga bags through this forum. As to what bags I love the most, I am literally all over the place. *sigh* I am very fickle... ;)

Hi all,

I've become something of a Balenciaga expert, and would love to sort of swap expertise with a Chloe enthusiast.

I'm looking for a large pocket or a saddle bag, but it must be authentic. I don't have the patience to learn everything there is to know about authenticating Chloes, so I'm hoping that I can trade bbag authentication "services" with a Chloe expert who is new to the Balenciaga world.

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks in advance!

as much as i love chloe & its style, i think i somewhat have a preference to balenciaga b/c of their crazy beautiful colors & buttery smooshy & yet lightweight leather. but its hard. there are days when i dont know what i wanna wear out! :confused1: