Chloe Faye in suede...durability

Feb 18, 2015
Hey all, I am considering getting a Small Chloe Faye in suede (color undecided). Does anyone have the Faye bag is suede and if so how durable is the suede? How easily does it scratch? I really like the look of this bag in suede over the regular leather option. Also, is there a darker blue suede in this bag available anywhere? A dark blue suede would likely be my first choice in color. If not available, I may wait to see if the color comes out for fall/winter.

Well, I took a chance. I wanted to take advantage of the Neiman Marcus gift card event (since there is a pair of shoes I am also wanting that I want to use the gift card for). I went ahead and ordered a Small Suede Faye in a blue/grey color. I'll post some pics when the bag gets here.

Reactions: teagongfu
Hi cloudburst
I have the mini Faye in red with suede upper. It's so cute. What I did was spray colllonil waterstop on the suede to protect it before its first use. Also invested in a suede brush to clean it. It still looks great. Admittedly I haven't had it long, but so far so good. I bought the collonil and brush from Amazon. Good luck with your Faye.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Hi hazeleyes25,

I was browsing the forum looking for info on how to protect the suede on the Chloe Faye. I recently bought a Faye Patchwork. I love it - but the suede looks so delicate, it makes me nervous. May I ask you - did the Collonil effect any color change on the suede, eg, make it darker? I called Chloe directly about it - they advised me not to spray but then went on to say that I must avoid getting any water, coffee, oil, dirt etc. on it...

Hi hazeleyes25,

I was browsing the forum looking for info on how to protect the suede on the Chloe Faye. I recently bought a Faye Patchwork. I love it - but the suede looks so delicate, it makes me nervous. May I ask you - did the Collonil effect any color change on the suede, eg, make it darker? I called Chloe directly about it - they advised me not to spray but then went on to say that I must avoid getting any water, coffee, oil, dirt etc. on it...
Hi there
There has been absolutely no change in color or texture. I'm reallly pleased with the results. Maybe try a small unobtrusive area and see how it goes. Good luck.

I use collonil for designer suede shoes and it works perfect. No problem (and I have light colors).
It is incredible when the brands say "no clean" advise... like in clothes ?¿?¿? what?¿ hahaha I clean all, of course.

I use collonil for designer suede shoes and it works perfect. No problem (and I have light colors).
It is incredible when the brands say "no clean" advise... like in clothes ?¿?¿? what?¿ hahaha I clean all, of course.

Thank you for the info! One last question - do you use the regular Collonil Waterstop? It seems they also have a Collonil Nubuck + Velours/Suede spray.