Chloe faye hardware is corroding....

lovefire

Jun 1, 2017
Hi,
I am seeking help to fix my unused Chloe Faye medium I bought from Farfetch 1.5 years ago....
I took out last night and found out the hardware inside are corroding, really sad :sad:....
not sure if they are rust or oxidation on the surface, tried to remove a bit by finger nail....still have some there...
I dare not try other cleaning agent as the suede leather is all around , don't know the impact if I use stuff like Brasso

Does someone have the same experience before?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Chloe issue.jpg
    Chloe issue.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 272
I see there are a few ladies who have had similar issues on the Chloe faye dag bag thread. I just purchase a mini day bag and note a tiny bit of corrosion on the studs on the strap. I got it on sale and am now undecided whether I should keep it. I do love it but it is still an expensive bag![/QUOTE
Hi,
I am seeking help to fix my unused Chloe Faye medium I bought from Farfetch 1.5 years ago....
I took out last night and found out the hardware inside are corroding, really sad :sad:....
not sure if they are rust or oxidation on the surface, tried to remove a bit by finger nail....still have some there...
I dare not try other cleaning agent as the suede leather is all around , don't know the impact if I use stuff like Brasso

Does someone have the same experience before?

Thank you!
I]

I see there are a few ladies who have had similar issues on the Chloe faye dag bag thread. I just purchase a mini day bag and note a tiny bit of corrosion on the studs on the strap. I got it on sale and am now undecided whether I should keep it. I do love it but it is still an expensive bag![/QUOTE

I also realized this problem is not uncommon, my corrosion are all inside the bag (at this moment is), still lucky ...
if you just got it, it may be possible to call after purchase service to fix it...

I also realized this problem is not uncommon, my corrosion are all inside the bag (at this moment is), still lucky ...
if you just got it, it may be possible to call after purchase service to fix it...

I was actually going to call Chloe and see whether it would be repairable if it got any worse in the future.