Chloe Faye Backpack Mini (will I regret the size) + one crossbody option I found

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello folks!
    I REALLY wanted the small size, but I just couldn't stomach the fact that the mini was at a greater discount than the small. So, I figured I'd try to make the mini size work.
    So, I just purchased the black in mini this evening. Please let me know if anyone here has regretted their smaller ? purchase. I tend to horde and stash a ton of things in my purse, but perhaps that needs to change? :smile:
    I was also debating on color. Black vs tan. I figured the tan was a nice and cute little bag for the summer, but the black will have lasting power.
    Anyways, I also wanted to wear this as a cross body. In fact, it really bothered me that this wasn't an option. Or so I thought.
    I know some folks on here have suggested you need to cut the small leather loops off etc etc.
    I figured there had to be a better way - and there is.

So, if you take a look at the leather loops, there are two. One is at the top and the other one is closer to the bottom (holds the 'ends' in place.

What I did was unhook the two clasps at the bottom. I adjusted the straps to work with my height. Then, I took the leather loops meant to hold the 'ends' in place and moved them a little bit (again, it just depends on your height).

Then I hooked one clasp into the opposite leather loop and did the same on the other side. See photo as reference.
    Voila - I now have a crossbody!

It's pretty awesome. Now the functionality of this back is almost complete. I just wish I could get rid of the straps when I just want to use it as a shoulder bag. I'll try to figure out that next task a little later.

Attached Files:

2. also: figured out another way to use the backpack straps as a shoulder strap.

Attached Files:

3. [​IMG]

Crossbody option

4. As an update, I ended up exchanging the mini for the small size. I just couldn't handle the lack of space in the mini. Especially since this handbag would be used on a regular basis. I'm very happy with the small size!

5. Hi! I actually have the small and think it’s a great size. It’s not too heavy and holds all I need plus some. I typically don’t even have to unzip it. I was actually thinking I needed a medium but the small has been great. I was able to remove my straps completely with some fiddling and added my own hooks so that I could I attach the straps easily. I posted it somewhere, can’t recall where, lol. I hope you LOVE it! I love mine :smile:

sedatedrainbow likes this.
  6. Thanks so much!
    I absolutely LOVE this backpack!
    In fact, I love it so much that I purchased the tobacco color as well.
    And 3 alphabet wallets! 1 small size and 2 larger ones!
    I couldn't help myself. Everything was just so pretty.

7. So glad to hear it and yes, all of this is so addicting!! congrats! Can I ask where you found these discounted?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice