Chloe expertise on the cost of a python Silverado

ceseeber

lovin' my lizards
Nov 29, 2006
Hello,
I enjoy reading this forum and learned a bunch already, but unfortunately when there's a Chloe bag I really, really want it's difficult for me have patience. My situation is that I have a regular size black python Silverado on hold at the consignment store for approximately $1,300. It is in excellent condition and I do realize that it is getting harder and harder to find a python Silverado.

I'm looking for a bit of feedback from you: do you think $1,300 is too much for a pre-loved bag? What is the possibility of another Silverado python bag becoming available? I am open to various colors in my search, but I definitely know I would love to add a python Silverado to my small collection.

thank you for any honest opinions,
Caroline

I guess it depends on the size and colour as well! I think its a bit much, but its also about supply and demand right now....I just looked through ebay and there are a few there for a lot less than $1300!

A year or two ago, this would have been the deal of the century! I've noticed that python silverados have been going for less and less on eBay, and I can't figure it out. I think maybe it's indicative of how slow eBay has been lately.

Anyway, if the bag is in good condition, I think that's a good price in today's market. You may find one for less on eBay, but the thing with eBay is that it's tough to be sure of the authenticity of python bags (they have been really well replicated and it's hard to tell until you physically have the bag and can inspect the skin). I rarely see black python silverados, so if it were me and I wanted one (in that color) I would go for it.

I bought my silver python regular sized Silverado new (on sale) from Aloha Rag for about $1200 or so in February. If the one at the consignment store is in good shape - I guess it isn't too bad of a price. I have seen great deals on ebay but you would need patience!!

thank you all for your honest opinions.
I think it's probably best for me to look around on ebay, even though ebay frightens me due to the large number of fakes and a past bad experience. I know I can always ask for help on the authentication thread and hopefully good things will happen if I learn to have patience.

c.

Ceseeber,
I saw a python silverado at the NMLC in Allen Texas last weekend. I don't know if they'll still have it since they were having a big sale, but you might give it a try. You could also try NMLC @ Grapevine mall in Texas.